FaceTime-Equipped iPad 2nd-Gen in Q1 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
No Pixel Qi = FAIL

Only the computer ignorant people would want Apple (the exception being developers of ipad apps to sell to the computer ignorant people)

G

Well of course they are going to release another iPad.. and another iPhone and another IPT and another and another................

mianmian

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
I remember someone said before that Apple was reserving the camera for a "huge upgrade" on 2nd generation Ipad. It turn out to be very true :)

gpog

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
1st gen should have had at least one camera but ipad is still the best tablet available. 2nd gen will likely add a higher res screen as well me thinks

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
[citation][nom]gpog[/nom]1st gen should have had at least one camera but ipad is still the best tablet available. 2nd gen will likely add a higher res screen as well me thinks[/citation]
No no no. The third one will have the higher resolution. You obviously aren't on the bandwagon with this discussion.

Tom's. I've noticed you haven't had a 'Will It Blend' or a 'Will It Microwave' or a 'Smash The ----' article yet on the ipad. Are you going soft on us?

twbg4cq

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
[citation][nom]stingstang[/nom]No no no. The third one will have the higher resolution. You obviously aren't on the bandwagon with this discussion.Tom's. I've noticed you haven't had a 'Will It Blend' or a 'Will It Microwave' or a 'Smash The ----' article yet on the ipad. Are you going soft on us?[/citation]

Unless Tom Dickson gets a bigger blender, I'm afraid we won't be seeing that happen.

yoda8232

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
iPad 2nd Gen Potential Buyer: Hey Steve whats new with the new iPad?
Steve: We will have a camera on the front and back so you can enjoy our new state of the art "FaceTime" feature. There will also be a 7 inch version.
iPad 2nd Gen Potential Buyer: What about performace increases, more connectivity like a USB port or HDMI, also why make a smaller model? It's just another iTouch enlarged...
Steve: USB and HDMI are pointless for the iPad, and it's not just a large iTouch your just holding it wrong.

zambutu

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
i've had the ipad since spring. i honestly couldnt care less about having a camera on it, especially on the back. My biggest complaint is no flash support. There's a couple of work arounds, but nothing good. the second thing is it could use a slightly higher resolution. other than that, i'm happy with it, and get a lot of use from it.

i carry it around school to my classes and it fits in my bag easily. i can't understand how all those laptop toting students get by lugging those ungodly sized things around. they dont even fit in a locker. a netbook, would be ok tho.

G

I find it hilarious. Apple fans are like battered wives. Apple intentionally released the iPad with some obvious omissions..like connectivity and storage stuff that's obvious, camera, etc... Intentional and cynical because they can sell the iPadG1 now, and they _know_ the Apple fans will come back and literally re-buy the product again 6 months later to get these new "whiz-bang" features...like data storage or cameras. It's hilarious and amazing to me Apple is that cynical, and right about it.

G

Good old Apple. Hey, hipster doofuses, here's our iPad G1! We intentionally left out some obvious features, but we know you'll buy it anyway. Oh, PS: We'll release a new version in 6 months that will fix most of the things we intentionally left lacking, but we know you hipsters will buy it anyway.

sinality

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
It's called good business. Regardless of how you personally feel all companies go through upgrades. Apple may be a little predictable about it but there are just as many companies who do the same. Say Intel, AMD, Dell, etc. If a company skips too many generations they put themselves in a bind for future business. For a company with such amazing profits the only thing I wish is I had bought stock after the dot com crash. Complain about those who buy apple products but they deserve credit for creating new markets. From a straight business perspective look at the cell phone market. Motorola released the RAZR and now every phone has some misspelled name alternative. Apple brings the iPhone and now there is a ton of copies even so much that RIM made massive strides to change their software and phones. Even Droid lovers has to pass credit on such that manufacturers like Samsung, HTC, and others were in demand of software so Google would actually spend the capital to develop their OS. If you own a droid, are planning on some other tablet, use an App Download service, or have an MP3 player really Apple set the market. They are so influential that companies develop and launch products on rumors. That is called good business.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Seeing as how Apple is making a massive push to promote FaceTime (for some strange reason) it wouldn't be any surprise if a front camera makes its way into the iPad.

chronicbint

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2007
Apple "haterz" fail so hard at times, so much effort put into trying to appear funny. Hilarious.

Personally, being a fan of technology, its all good Apple/Android/Whatever.

Cue child like down votes.

rawoysters

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
Of course you will only be able to use it with somebody who has an Ipad or Iphone, nothing else. Just another little jail cell for Appleboys to sit in.

Status
Not open for further replies.