Solved! Factory Resetting Acer Predator G9-739

Dec 25, 2018
My question here is, If I use Windows Media Creation to factory reset the Acer Predator, would the features (Acer and Predatorsense) still be there after I factory reset my laptop back to normal. Because I've spent $1,750 on this gaming laptop and I hate for it to break on me again. Hopefully this final factory reset will help clear everything in the laptop and return it back to normal as it did when I first booted it up on Christmas day.

Solution
It depends on how you use the Media Creation Tool. Your safer route is to use whatever built-in utility Acer has, if available, or access the Win 10 recovery options and opt for the Reset function there (backup your data, if need be; Reset has the option to remove all files).

IIRC, the Media Creation Tool will also give you the Reset option. Otherwise it's used for clean installs and upgrade installs.
It depends on how you use the Media Creation Tool. Your safer route is to use whatever built-in utility Acer has, if available, or access the Win 10 recovery options and opt for the Reset function there (backup your data, if need be; Reset has the option to remove all files).

IIRC, the Media Creation Tool will also give you the Reset option. Otherwise it's used for clean installs and upgrade installs.

Solution

richpixel

Great
Jan 3, 2019
Just to note if you use anything other than acer factory reset, and it needs a repair they will charge you to factory reset, i.e rebuild hdd to factory before they'll repair