Failure configuring windows updates reverting changes.

Bri_2_

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016
I know this is an old topic but my laptop (not what I'm using now) has been doing this for 3 hours and nothing is working. I've been searching online and trying every available solution possible but it won't let me past the blue screen. F9, 10, 11 etc aren't working and neither is the control panel because I can't even get to the login screen. I'm about ready to set it on fire and walk away.

Solution
Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep...
Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

Solution
Feb 25, 2018

Mar 16, 2018
My windows 8 Asus was doing the same thing, failing to update and then would revert changes. Use the WINDOWS UPDATE TROUBLESHOOTER. It found and fixed the problem within a few minutes. Now my updates are done and my notebook is running like normal. It worked perfectly. AWESOME!!!!

Mar 16, 2018
The WINDOWS UPDATE TROUBLESHOOTER is in the CONTROL PANEL under SYSTEM & SECURITY then click on FIX PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS UPDATE. It was that simple. It searched for problems, said it found them, then it fixed them. Now its updating and working properly again.

Aug 15, 2018

it doesn't even show me the automatic repair screen, just preparing to configure windows and then that thing with failure