Solved! Family member calls me but using a totally different number than my Verizon one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2021
Hey guys I have a Google Pixel XL4 and my father has a Samsung Galaxy S5. I received a text of a Tik Tok link from what I thought was him at first but then realized it wasn't from him as my saved contact but a different number from Georgia. I also noticed at the beginning of the Text was "Dad" right before the TikTok message that he shared from TikTok. I then Googled the number and it said that it's most likely involved in Spamming etc. I then decided to Call it because I wanted to screw with the Scammer for the hell of it lol and but instead to my surprise my Father's phone then started ringing and it came up on his screen that it was a Restricted caller but it's from my phone? I thought to myself do I have a eSim setup on my phone and don't know about it or something, or I could have a VOIP number setup like Jabber or Google Voice? Or would the issue be on his side? I have checked my phone and there is not evidence of a seccond Sim or eSim I do have Google Voice but that is a different number. I have yet to get a chance to look at his phone because he is not here currently but am wanting to find out some thoughts and ideas on what could be doing this? Thank You for any responses!!

Status
Not open for further replies.