Fast laptop for browsing

Aaron9546

Estimable
Jul 18, 2015
I have a gaming pc that I use for gaming but I've been using it for browsing also because my old laptop with a 1.1ghz celeron cpu is doing my head in with the extremely slow speed especially browsing it takes about 4-6 seconds just to full loads toms hardware up it has 8gb of ram and fk all saved to it it has over 500gb free space on a 600gb hdd zero frag I don't know why it's going this slow it used to be fast....4 years ago. Anyway anyone recommend a decent laptop that will out perform current for a decent price not over the top?
Current laptop: Advent Monza T200

Solution
Well if you read the post OP says browsing experience is terrible. Updating BIOS will not normally have an effect on browing performance, updating BIOS is for system fixes or has compatibility updates for certain hardware. Upgrading to an SSD from hard drive on the other hand in an old system brings so much life back into it. SSD's will make your desktop experience with so much snappier and responsive. And if its just used for browsing then a 128gb is all you need. They go for peanuts on Amazon and are much cheaper than buying a new laptop system.

sharndowg

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Try a trial of C-Cleaner or AShampoo Win Optimizer 12. Its a free for 10 days or so, then you have to pay. I prefer AShampoo myself. They are registry/temp file cleaners. Failing that try fresh install of windows or swapping out the old HDD for an SSD will solve that problem.

Chris01cz

Estimable
Nov 28, 2015
Lol, why SSD, browsing working correctly on HDD. After you reinstall, try removing preinstalled stuff. I have 8 years old PC and windowses working perfect.

PS: Try to upgrade your BIOS and/ or drivers.

sharndowg

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Well if you read the post OP says browsing experience is terrible. Updating BIOS will not normally have an effect on browing performance, updating BIOS is for system fixes or has compatibility updates for certain hardware. Upgrading to an SSD from hard drive on the other hand in an old system brings so much life back into it. SSD's will make your desktop experience with so much snappier and responsive. And if its just used for browsing then a 128gb is all you need. They go for peanuts on Amazon and are much cheaper than buying a new laptop system.

Solution

Chris01cz

Estimable
Nov 28, 2015

BIOS can screw alot of things, sometimes it is as unbelieable,