FBI Decapitates LulzSec With Help From Group Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]kish20[/nom]Who wouldn't betray their "friends" for a chance to work for the FBI?[/citation]

people with principals and conviction.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
So the hackers got lucky....
They used off the shelf tools on companies/organizations that were caught with their pants down...

From here on out, we will not see nearly as many high profile hacking cases...

lilotimz

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
Why waste such an asset (a hacker) when you can offer them generous terms to forward your own goals... they're all most likely going to be making 6 digits soon... lucky Sob's...

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]HAHA.... some organization... their "leader" saves his own ass by turning all his friends in.[/citation]

FBI: "You can go to prison until you die via anal rape. Or you can wear an anklet and have a solid job working for the government. Your choice."

Sabu: "Ryan Ackroyd ("Kayla") and Jake Davis ("Topiary") of London, Darren Martyn ("Pwnsauce") and Donncha O’Cearrbhail ("Palladium") of Ireland, and and Jeremy Hammond ("Anarchaos") from Chicago. Would you like a foot massage?"

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Honestly, I haven't seen a single positive outcome from any of these hacks since they started. If anything, the regular everyday person got screwed from the companies and governments they hacked. The ONLY hack that had any positive outcome was the one that disabled Iran's nuclear facilities.

The more outrageous hacks people pull off the more governments will turn to tighter forms of control. If you want to live like people do in China where they can't search "Tiananmen Square" in google because it opposes the government, then keep DDOSing under the assumption that you're some hacktivist and you're sticking it to the man.

It's inevitable, though. People can't help but screw things up for others. So I guess I'll enjoy the freedom the internet provides for another decade or so before laws get passed that allow the government and ISPs to monitor and control our every move.

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Personally I think he had good reason to do so; Either go to prison and never see his wife & kids again, or..turn his friends in - So please, do your research before criticising. Tough choice. Also on a side note, I don't see what's so exciting about working for the FBI.

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
[citation][nom]-Jackson[/nom]Personally I think he had good reason to do so; Either go to prison and never see his wife & kids again, or..turn his friends in - So please, do your research before criticising. Tough choice. Also on a side note, I don't see what's so exciting about working for the FBI.[/citation]
Uh huh... He also had a similar decision to make before he broke the law.

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
[citation][nom]mortsmi7[/nom]Uh huh... He also had a similar decision to make before he broke the law.[/citation]
Easy for you to say, he was standing up for for something. High risk, high reward though.

9th

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
If I remember correctly, these guys pretty much said that they don't care if a couple of them get caught. There is no loyalty, not even friendship amongst these guys. So it shouldn't come as a surprise if the guy is more than willing to rat on his buddies, rather than spend 100 years in jail being passed around as a sperm bank.

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
[citation][nom]-Jackson[/nom]Personally I think he had good reason to do so; Either go to prison and never see his wife & kids again, or..turn his friends in - So please, do your research before criticising. Tough choice. Also on a side note, I don't see what's so exciting about working for the FBI.[/citation]
Are you serious Jackson. That shouldn't be a "tough" choice... Family before Friends. Hope you never have to make that decision for your kids or futures kids sake!!

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]FBI: "You can go to prison until you die via anal rape. Or you can wear an anklet and have a solid job working for the government. Your choice."Sabu: "Ryan Ackroyd ("Kayla") and Jake Davis ("Topiary") of London, Darren Martyn ("Pwnsauce") and Donncha O’Cearrbhail ("Palladium") of Ireland, and and Jeremy Hammond ("Anarchaos") from Chicago. Would you like a foot massage?"[/citation]

If he went to prison for a cause the inmates would've went easier on him for being a person with principals. Surprisingly, people in prisons are not subhumans. If he spends a single day in general population now he'll be cut into pieces for snitching.

[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]Honestly, I haven't seen a single positive outcome from any of these hacks since they started. If anything, the regular everyday person got screwed from the companies and governments they hacked. The ONLY hack that had any positive outcome was the one that disabled Iran's nuclear facilities.The more outrageous hacks people pull off the more governments will turn to tighter forms of control. If you want to live like people do in China where they can't search "Tiananmen Square" in google because it opposes the government, then keep DDOSing under the assumption that you're some hacktivist and you're sticking it to the man.It's inevitable, though. People can't help but screw things up for others. So I guess I'll enjoy the freedom the internet provides for another decade or so before laws get passed that allow the government and ISPs to monitor and control our every move.[/citation]

It's already happening without any help from hackers. They can use the threat of piracy to introduce policing the internet. China will probably have the most open internet in the world by the time they're done "protecting copyright".

The most comical part of this is that the FBI thinks they've taken down a ring of sophisticated hackers. That is how clueless the US government is about cybersecurity. DDoS is so sophisticated, only a criminal mastermind would harness it's power. I can't wait until I see the trial and the judge has to pronounce "Pwnsauce"

kettu

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
It's easy for the keyboard warriors in their mothers basement to talk about honor, integrity, etc. In reality I bet they would fold like a house of cards if faced with multiple years in a federal prison.

Officeguy: You're right. It should be an easy choice for most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.