FBI Wants Backdoors to Facebook, Twitter Immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozonic

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
*in fbi headquater* Agent: Sir, we found the mass murderer we were looking for years! Captain: Forget that, i found someone downloading iligal music! Both: lets get him!

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Can people hack a backdoor (webcam and mic) to every politician so we can monitor their life for possible corruption?

chumly

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
Espionage is defined as the act of spying. The government is The People, then committing acts of espionage against The People is committing acts of espionage against the government. If you are a member of this government, then you are committing acts of espionage against your own. There's a word for this: Treason. These people are betraying your government and the ideals of liberty. They are the criminals, not the people.

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
fucked up but expected.
luckily this doesn't affect me because i dont use facebook, twitter, or any social network. i have my own server in my house that I use for email and i use a vpn in combination with peerblock.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Really? I bet they gonna use it to go after potheads OMG like me instead of real criminals (like rapists/murderers).

FUDGE OFF FBI. We already got screwed with Patriots ACT! We dont need any more of your corruption MMM kay!?!?!?

ankaj

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
"Disclosure documents filed with Congress two weeks ago revealed that Apple, which provides iChat and FaceTime for iOS devices, is currently lobbying on the backdoor topic."

Lobbying for or against?

KNO3

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2009
I don't really see the issue. They're proposing the back door be in place, not free access do it. They would still need a warrant. It's the same system that's been in place forever. Unless there's probable cause that you're a federal criminal there doesn't seem to be any reason to get all flustered.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
It's Carnivore all over again, except this time they don't want to take on the responsibility of what turned out to be a failed program and instead are insisting on the outside party to take action. Not only smells like a violation of the Constitution (as if any of these ABC agencies actually care about it), but it also sounds to me like FBI wants to avoid finger pointing when things go sour and don't want stuck with the hot potato.

G

Well, I thought using FB and Twitter to give away your own info is stupid enough.

bejabbers

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
there's a major problem here... what about all the people who use these sites who are not american? Why should another country's citizens have their privacy violated as well. The world is going to hell in a hand-basket, and it's both sides that are taking us there.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
all those companies need to tell the FBI to look up the constitution and then give them the middle finger!!! Seriously this is getting ridiculous. If you want this shift to end, I hope all of you will vote for Ron Paul. He's only one speaking up against this and fights for our liberty/freedoms.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
[citation][nom]chumly[/nom]Espionage is defined as the act of spying. The government is The People, then committing acts of espionage against The People is committing acts of espionage against the government. If you are a member of this government, then you are committing acts of espionage against your own. There's a word for this: Treason. These people are betraying your government and the ideals of liberty. They are the criminals, not the people.[/citation]
That... that was beautiful. *Sniffle*

Status
Not open for further replies.