Status
Not open for further replies.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Peter: They will clean up all your talking in a matter such as this
Brian: They will make you take a tinkle when you want to take a p*ss
Stewie: And they’ll make you call fellatio a trouser-friendly kiss
Peter, Brian, & Stewie: It’s the plain situation!
There's no negiotiation!
Peter: With the fellows at the freakin FCC!

Brian: They’re as stuffy as the stuffiest of the special interest groups…
Peter: Make a joke about your bowels and they order in the troops
Stewie: Any baby with a brain could tell them everybody poops!
Peter, Brian, & Stewie: Take a tip, take a lesson!
You’ll never win by messin’
Peter: With the fellas at the freakin’ FCC

And if you find yourself with some you sexy thing
You’re gonna have to do her with your ding-a-ling
Cause you can’t say penis!

So they sent this little warning they’re prepared to do the worst
Brian: And they stuck it in your mailbox hoping you could be co-erced
Stewie: I can think of quite another place they should have stuck it first!

Peter, Brian, & Stewie: They may just be neurotic
Or possible psychotic
They’re the fellas at the freakin FCC!

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
After reading this, According to all the facts, they have the right to test/inspect any of your equipment that produces rf. Well then use the 4th amendment to keep them out of your house, but bring all of your wireless junk to the door and tell them to inspect it outside :)

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
[citation][nom]surfer1337dude[/nom]After reading this, According to all the facts, they have the right to test/inspect any of your equipment that produces rf. Well then use the 4th amendment to keep them out of your house, but bring all of your wireless junk to the door and tell them to inspect it outside[/citation]

They will send a SWAT team and hold you at gun point while doing their search in your house.

Welcome to the good old USSA under the New World Order.

G

They can hardly measure it. Many people these days have Wireless N devices, that will give signal to almost the whole neighborhood.
Wireless N is not illegal. Just place it in your attic so the rest of the people could have their black network (aka router to share files amongst the neighborhood).

mrfisthand

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
They still can't legally enforce it without a probable cause that would revolve around radio transmissions, I doubt most people are running pirate radio stations off their baby monitors, and if they do try to unjustly enforce it, I imagine the victim could take it to the Supreme Court and have this ancient act removed. The real question is if stealing your neighbor's wireless connection could count as justifiable cause.

deltatux

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
Another example of laws becoming quickly outdated. Hopefully they'll change that law so ppl in the States won't get their privacy revoked.

mrjhh

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2007
If you read the FCC decision referenced in the article, it said that the fine was reduced to $225, based on the offender's inability to pay the full $7000. I'm guessing he didn't have enough money to raise a constitutional challenge, and the reference did not indicate any attempt to challenge the fine on constitutional grounds.

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
You know, I usually smirk when I see folks whining about an invasion of their privacy since anything you do in public isn't really a private matter. But being able to come into someone's home to search without a warrant? That is rather disturbing.

The warrant system is there for a reason. I'm really surprised the $7,000 fine in the article above went through since we are clearly protected by the constitution. Either his lawyer was a puttz or the jury consisted of the same folks sitting in on these RIAA hearings.

G

Faraday cage for your house. Place a solar powered repeater in a neighbors tree, use a canteena in your home pointed at the repeater. Profit.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
This is fun to hear. :)

Long live the good ol' Canada!

Here's my question... has this actually ever been abused in the last decade?

"Hides bong"

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
[citation][nom]Platypus[/nom]But being able to come into someone's home to search without a warrant? That is rather disturbing.The warrant system is there for a reason.[/citation]

The warrant is becoming a joke already. Police do dynamic entry on crack house all the time, and people generally can't exert their fourth amendment right during a traffic stop. Try that at your own risk. The only thing that still prevent the US from becoming a police state is that you can still sue the government for big fat compensation after they do wrong to you.

G

The radio spectrum is a public resource. Where people choose to polute this public resource with spurious and illegal transmissions, it is reasonable that the government has the power to stop this.

There aren't many radio inspectors out there. They aren't obsessed with issuing fines - they just have interference and safety problems they need to clean up. If they are knocking at your door they pretty well know exactly what is going on already. How do you think they arrived at your door? The signals being transmitted from your house were causeing significant interference to someone who complained. When the complaint was investigated the signal was big enough and loud enough to lead them straight to your front door.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
I used to have my amatuer radio license about 15 years ago and yes the license is issued by the FCC and with it the right of the FCC to inspect only the radio equipment no mater if is in a private residence or not. Most hams have what they call a seperate "shed" where they setup the equipment. By doing this the FCC cannot search the actual home without a warrent only the "shed". However has technology has progressed the 1934 act as not really kept up in regards to wireless technology as it exists today what with digital signals and the act only technically gives them this right. However to really think the FCC is going to come to your door because you own a baby monitor or wireless router is very nill. Besides there are so many out there why would they even bother. In regards to hams they really only do very spotty checks, most of the time they only show up if the broadcast attached to your ID is interfering with something or are broadcasting on bands without the proper license.

Just for information sake, unless the rules have changed, you do not need a FCC license for CB's (Citizen Band) or scanners (depending on your state)

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]As a private US Citizen and full use of the 2nd amendment, I have the right to unload multiple rounds of Black Talon 40 cal rounds into anyone trying to enter my home anytime day or night without a warrant or prior notice. How about that. Clinging to my religion and large caliber and legal guns.[/citation]
I gotta get me one of those

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
the FCC can suck my d--- and if they want to hit me with a fine , so be it .. not like they wil ever see a single peny form my broke ass. I'll just file chapter 11 and they one get one red cent outta me.

Regected

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
So does this mean they can come into my lab when I have my Tesla coil cranking out RF noise? That would suck for them. 400k volts to the head would ruin their day.

Status
Not open for further replies.