Final Fantasy XIV Benchmark - Will Not Run

Emmerich

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
Today I upgraded my graphics card from an AMD 6670 to an Nvidia GTX 660 and now I am not able to run the Benchmark for Final Fantasy XIV.

Using the old card I was able to run the benchmark and even played in the beta for the last two weekends.

When I go to run the benchmark now it comes up with a black screen shortly and then just closes abruptly and returns to the "Start" screen.

I have gone so far as to perform a clean install of Windows 7. I have upgraded my drivers to the most current version. I have downloaded/installed Dx9-11, .NET framework 3.5, and Visual C++. Yet I am still getting the same issue, the benchmark just refuses to actually run.

A friend of mine has the exact same card and is able to run the game perfectly. The only thing I changed from my system is the GPU (well, and PSU but I hardly think that would matter).

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Emmerich

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
FIXED: I had read that someone experiencing the same problem got it to fix by installing a game from steam (and therefore fixing an issue with directX aparently). Well I installed Assassins Creed III from disc as I was pretty fed up and wanted to see how it ran the game. Low and behold after the install/updates (it ran AC3 fine btw) the benchmark would load and run!