Find out what application is using 100% of my CPU?

timmie3054

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
Every now and then there is an application on my computer that uses 100% of my CPU, although it uses it for about a second. So I cant really find out what application is using it.

My problem with this is, it freezes up my whole system for that second. It gets really annoying when I am watching videos, and most of the time it desynchronizes the audio and video from videos that I watch.

It does this every 5-20ish mins. Sometimes more often.

When I look at my task manager I can clearly see all my cores go to about 100% when the system starts to freeze up.
This is nothing new and its been doing this since I bought my computer.

Is there a program out there that records what percentage of my CPU applications are using?

Thanks in advanced.

Solution
Dear timmie3054,

Kindly I ask your attention.

Would be good to know your system.

It can be anything, power supply, memory, driver update (reinstall previous), Trojan, virus, processor (overclocked?), main board (overclocked?), Anti-Virus software (depending the system), computer spy and so on.

Try a reinstallation of the OS and see what happens.

When did it start, after software installation, driver update or whatever?

Hopefully I let you know enough and that you will find the answers you seek!

Good luck and have fun doing it!

Best Regards

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
There are many apps, games, and programs that use 100%of the CPU. I got a game called "Curse of Montezuma that uses aup all the ram and CPU and crashes the game because I think it causes a memory leak.

If it is not the app or program then it could be the cpu is not up to the performance. It could also be that the PSU is not up to the power requirements.

There are many factors to consider but try disabling themes to Classic or Basic mode.

MeneerWitte

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Dear timmie3054,

Kindly I ask your attention.

Would be good to know your system.

It can be anything, power supply, memory, driver update (reinstall previous), Trojan, virus, processor (overclocked?), main board (overclocked?), Anti-Virus software (depending the system), computer spy and so on.

Try a reinstallation of the OS and see what happens.

When did it start, after software installation, driver update or whatever?

Hopefully I let you know enough and that you will find the answers you seek!

Good luck and have fun doing it!

Best Regards

Solution