Finger-Pad isn't working

RomExzZ

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
Hey

I have recently just installed a new OS onto my Asus X53X and went straight to using a mouse. I was trying to use the pad on the front of my laptop (not an external one) to navigate around my PC but it didn't work. I am thinking that the new OS didn't install the drivers for it. Where would I get these drivers? I have tried the Touch-pad drivers from the Asus website (specific for my PC) but they said that the drivers were not compatible.

(A link directly to the drivers would be appreciated)

Solution
What OS was on the laptop previous? What did you upgrade to?
Did you contact ASUS Support about a resolution to your specific mode and new OS?
" I have tried the Touch-pad drivers from the Asus website (specific for my PC) but they said that the drivers were not compatible. " Well yes, you need to pick the one not only for your laptop but for the OS your using. If they don't make it then your out of luck (see my first questions).

Have you tried to Google your model laptop the version of OS (your not even saying if your using Mac, Windows, Linux, whatever on this?!?!?!) and touchpad drivers?

Skeefers

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
Some laptops are set to disable the touchpad if a USB mouse is connected; have you tried it with your mouse disconnected (to include any USB wireless sticks for the mouse, if you have one)?

Asus_Fred

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013

I'm not sure which OS you have installed but if you go to support.asus.com you will find drivers for supported OS. If you are unable to find it send me an email at cl-fred@asus.com and provide me with the serial number so I can find out more detailed specifications regarding the unit.

What OS was on the laptop previous? What did you upgrade to?
Did you contact ASUS Support about a resolution to your specific mode and new OS?
" I have tried the Touch-pad drivers from the Asus website (specific for my PC) but they said that the drivers were not compatible. " Well yes, you need to pick the one not only for your laptop but for the OS your using. If they don't make it then your out of luck (see my first questions).

Have you tried to Google your model laptop the version of OS (your not even saying if your using Mac, Windows, Linux, whatever on this?!?!?!) and touchpad drivers?

Solution