Firefox Gets Big JavaScript Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelwing

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
Firefox 9? Seriously??

I know that version numbers don't mean as much as they used to, but still, version 4 came out in March, version 5 in June, and version 6 in August.

This has become ridiculous.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Too bad it needs HUGE memory management improvements.[/citation]

FF6 did this. So much smoother now... before you say a single word about Chrome, no, it is NOT faster on my netbook.

Dandalf

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
i don't like how version releases have increased to be so fast to copy chrome. It's stupid, each release doesnt mean anything and isn't exciting. And the worse part is like gmarsack said... how can developers keep up? the best thing about firefox is still its addons, and mozilla is going so fast now that my favourite addons only work for about a week before they need to be updated. developers will eventually give up and mozilla will have forsaken their browsers strongest aspect!

G

Hmmmm.... and yet I can run 99% of the websites worth going to with noscript running. Even with it off, there's no site worth going to that can max out any of my PC's CPU on Javascript.

Can we please stop pretending that hypothetical synthetic Javascript speed is a reason to use a browser.

Steelwing

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
[citation][nom]Dandalf[/nom]the best thing about firefox is still its addons, and mozilla is going so fast now that my favourite addons only work for about a week before they need to be updated.[/citation]

Try the add-on called "Add-on Compatibility Reporter". It'll forcefully enable your add-ons so that you don't have to worry about version numbers anymore. Of course, if something genuinely doesn't work, you can report it and hopefully it will get fixed. I've found very few add-ons that are actually broken by the new versions and not just disabled.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/add-on-compatibility-reporter/

someonewhoknowsalittle

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
I am waiting for Firefox 57. It should be released by April, 2012 based on Mozilla's current release plans. Until then, I'm sticking with Netscape Navigator 3.0. At least Netscape doesn't steal 2 GB of my RAM memory to run a browser, like Firefox's amazingly space-aged browser crap. Note to self: release ear flaps so steam can escape from ersatz brain vents.

Horhe

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2008
Wasn't Firefox already the faster browser when it comes to JavaScript? IMO they should've improved in the areas Firefox falls behind the competition.

agnawt

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
What is "type interference"??? Type inference maybe? Sometimes the spellchecker can be a hindifference.

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
Firefox always has the tendency to come out with fast and buggy products, and slowing them down like crazy when going over to a new build!
Do you actually believe that from ff2 to now, they only had speed improvements?
If I'm correct the newer firefox will be more compatible, but won't be faster than FF 2.2.
They bloat the software so much that by the new release people will notice the speed improvements!
And those who are stuck with an older computer or for instance Windows 98 (for compatibility/hardware reasons), are stuck with a lousy browser!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS