Firefox hangs when putting mouse over text

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaco501

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
Hey guys, so after Firefox has been on for a day or 2 give or take a bit when I put my mouse over stuff that lights up lets use the recommended videos on the side of YouTube page it lags and takes a bit to catchup. its more a nuisance then anything but with my computer specs I don't think it should be a problem... I recently installed 2 ssd's (they were on sale for 50 bucks on tiger direct) which would be the only real change but I only noticed this new problem about 3 days ago.

thanks Jacob

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
Did you do a clean install of the OS, or did you clone a hard drive over to the SSD? Cloning a hard drive to an SSD can cause performance problems since some cloning software is still unaware of 4K (advanced format) drives. A clean install is recommended when switching to a SSD.

You can also try clicking on "help" and select "restart with addons disabled" to see if one of your addons is causing the problem.

jaco501

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
I reset firefox and absolutely no difference it almost feels like its flash thing thats slow... I'll try disabling addons but I don't really have many I only have adblock and a few personas

jaco501

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011

Hey sorry for taking so long to get back but I did a clean install of the OS and then I just reinstalled firefox again and it still does the same thing with no addons. like i'll put my mouse over the play button on the middle of the youtube video player and itll take a second to highlight and during that time I cant click on anything else and the all of a sudden the firefox tab on the task bar kinda moves and its almost like refreshes and then itll be fine for a minute or 2 then it'll do the same thing again. Not really sure what to do here. could it be a flash player problem? it only seems to do it on flash based pages. such as youtube or sirius xm online player.

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
When you uninstalled firefox, did you remember to delete your profile? if you didn't, firefox will just reuse your old profile. If the profile is corrupt then the problem will return.

Your profile should be under your user account.

Status
Not open for further replies.