Status
Not open for further replies.

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
(3.9 percent for Chrome, 2.3 percent for Opera)

Was that supposed to say Safari? Wouldn't make sense to talk about Safari and Chrome, and then give stats about Chrome and Opera ...

FrustratedRhino

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Did you really have to look for a random site to find statistics that said firefox was higher usage? Nothing off a big site skewed to your liking enough?

Fanboi reporting is horrible.

fuser

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
The update came at a good time. I was just rebooting from a system freeze that resulted from using FF 3.05. Hopefully this one is more stable.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Haven't tried the new update, but for me I have been suffering worse usage with each FF3 update. The most crash-free non-resource-hogging time I had was when it was in beta.

[Sarcasm] Hmmm, maybe its a Microsoft conspiracy... after all, they've abandoned Vista for Windows 7 but I still get all these updates... [\Sarcasm]

kidamnesiac

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
Wasn't there an article from Feb 3rd that stated:

Internet Explorer now has 67.55 percent of the global browser market share while Firefox accounts for 21.53 percent of the market. Apple's Safari claims 8.29 percent, up a significant percentage and likely correlated to the growth in Mac sales. Chrome has just 1.12 percent but still beats out Opera which clocks in at 0.7 percent.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Browser-Internet-Explorer-Chrome-Firefox,6949.html

Pretty interesting how much those numbers differ after only two days...

vherub

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2008
firefox an avg were partnering up to delete cookies and saved passwords/logins. I switched from avg to avast, I wonder how this latest firefox will be. It was annoying having to retpye login information constantly, checking that stupid remember me box only to have firefox forget time and again.

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
[citation][nom]W3Schools[/nom]W3Schools is a website for people with an interest for web technologies. These people are more interested in using alternative browsers than the average user. The average user tends to use Internet Explorer, since it comes preinstalled with Windows. Most do not seek out other browsers.

These facts indicate that the browser figures above are not 100% realistic. Other web sites have statistics showing that Internet Explorer is used by at least 80% of the users.[/citation]

Kevin Parrish: This isn't the first time I've seen you go crazy with W3Schools stats (But at least the numbers are cited correctly this time).
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Internet-Exploere-Security-Flaw,news-3150.html
Try to be a bit more careful, please. You're using a source which disclaims a clear self-selection bias among its visitors, causing it to returns Firefox usage approximately double what other sources report.

TheCapulet

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
[citation][nom]curnel_D[/nom]Well it happens when the moron kevin parish flips out a site that specifically states: "W3Schools is a website for people with an interest for web technologies. These people are more interested in using alternative browsers than the average user. The average user tends to use Internet Explorer, since it comes preinstalled with Windows. Most do not seek out other browsers. These facts indicate that the browser figures above are not 100% realistic. Other web sites have statistics showing that Internet Explorer is used by at least 80% of the users."Thanks Kevin, you go above and beyond the call of duty to report to us the most unrealistic, unreliable, and inacruate information on the web. Seriously, find something better to do.[/citation]
^+1

Since when is internet explorer a 'fledgling' browser? Why are you even here?

kelfen

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
Fire fox sucks!!! what do you think you need to download stuff IE and also fire fox thinks every thing is a !@#$ addon even when I try to download a game. it is so inconvient to switch browsers

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
As of last month, Mozilla's Firefox ranked #1 in browser usage, racking in a whopping 45.5 percent market share according to these statistics. Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 falls into second place, taking up 25.7 percent of the market, followed by Internet Explorer 6 with 18.5 percent.

I'm not sure those statistics are anywhere close to being correct--and the author I believe is purposely misleading us. When comparing one browser's market share to another, it is pretty da$%ed misleading to compare one version of one browser to ALL versions of another. There's still significant browser share in IE6, IE7 and even IE8 is gaining. I'll bet this month the IE8 share will rise more since the recent RC1.

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
after installing ie 8 rc1 and having problem at a number of sites i frequently visit, like this one, ive installed and swithed to mozilla 3.0.6 and guess what no problem and i have a lot of nice add-ons to play with. if microserfs want my hard earned money they gave to do a better job.

G

jsloan - WOW, IE is free you idiot; keep your hard earned money, internet explorer doesn't want you anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.