Firefox vs Google Chrome on speedtest.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdoc

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
I recently did a comparison between firefox 3.64 and google Chrome v5 on speed test and noticed a weird thing.

On firefox I would get

883703975.png

On google chrome

Why the difference? Everything is tested on the same connection under the same computer

Connection is 5Mbps download 800kbps up

Specs:

Core i7 @ 3.5ghz
6Gb DDR3 1600mhz ram
Windows 7 Ultimate
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R

GunBladeType-T

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
Google is the Fastest Browser with opera a close second and firefox and safari on opera's heels. I wouldn't be surprised if FireFox and Google merge to knock out opera or safari firefox wins some benchamrks vs. opera that google chrome doesn''t. Internet explorer tested lag check out benchmarks on tomshardware of these browser.

murdoc

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
That's not the case. I've done testing with Opera 10.6 and Safari v5 (latest build) and still both were about the same results with Firefox with difference of about +2ms in pings.

Clearly this is an issue with chrome, but I'm not sure if it's developer side or my computer that's the issue.

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
It's a speed/bandwidth test people, not a which browser can render faster site. using the same browser and same server on speedtest.net, I'll get 5 different results in 5 consecutive tests. Without knowing the load on the speedtest server and the random traffic at the time of the test, results will vary.

Use your ISP's speed test page and you'll get much better results as there are less hops for the data to pass through.

Mu33rto

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
Go to http://peacekeeper.futuremark.com/ to benchmark the web browsers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_Foundation#Financing Google and Mozilla are in bed all ready. So when ever they decide not to renew the contract Mozilla will lost their biggest supporter. Also when is the last time any one used IE? Only reason they still have a market share is that IE comes default with windows. If windows update worked with any other browser I would completely remove IE from any friends and family members I knew. :sol:

Status
Not open for further replies.