Firestic with surround sound

Apr 14, 2018
Trying to get Firestick to work with my surround sound system. I have Panasonic 65VT-50 and a Pioneer VSX-LX101. Obviously if i connect the firestick to one of the HDMIs on the tv it wont be going to the surround sound. How do i get the firestick to come through the surround sound system?I also have HDMI that says ARC on both the pioneer and panaonic outputs.

Solution
You can connect the firestick to one of the HDMI inputs on the receiver. Receiver HDMI output to TV.
You can connect the firestick to one of the HDMI Inputs on the TV. Connect the HDMI-ARC on the TV to the receiver HDMI out. You can use the optical audio out of the TV instead of the HDMI-ARC. No loss of quality.
Check the TV manual on how to configure the TV and receiver to use ARC or the optical connection.
You can connect the firestick to one of the HDMI inputs on the receiver. Receiver HDMI output to TV.
You can connect the firestick to one of the HDMI Inputs on the TV. Connect the HDMI-ARC on the TV to the receiver HDMI out. You can use the optical audio out of the TV instead of the HDMI-ARC. No loss of quality.
Check the TV manual on how to configure the TV and receiver to use ARC or the optical connection.

Solution