Killjoy22

Commendable
May 7, 2016
So I'm currently in the research stage of building my very first computer. I'm wondering if there are words of advice out there for any step of the process? Examples: Reliable parts info, What I should put the most effort and money into, any shortcuts or longcuts I should take, and of course if there's any common mistakes to look out for.

I would love any advice as a first time computer builder. If you're curious, I'm building a mid range computer that can handle video editing with Premiere Pro CC as it's primary function but also a good machine I can game on. I don't need ultra graphics on No Man's Sky when it comes out, but I would like a machine that can run it decently or can run something like City Skylines decently. Thanks for any advice and info.

-Josh

Killjoy22

Commendable
May 7, 2016

Thank you! That definitely helps:)

Toothless010

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2015
1-budget? Everything? Monitor, keyboard mouse, system?
2-where can you buy?

This forum is a good start :)

Lots of youtube video's on every part you can think of. Unboxing, unpacking, inspect, install, settings, usage, tweaking, stress testing, or just tested product.

Video editing: 3 main parts, CPU/GPU/16GB RAM

Monitor? 1080/2K/4K? IF going to 4K, this will change everything :)

note: new Nvidia video cards coming out May 27th. This could be an opportunity to get the latest and greatest, or pick up some very good current video cards at much lower pricing. 970/980's