Fisher studio standard stereo system ca-225a

dlandis

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
The left channel on my CA-225a receiver is out, probably from a short across the speaker terminals in the rear. Is there any way this can be fixed? I love the sound on this Fisher system. Thanks, Don

bob@1234

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
The left channel on my CA-225a receiver is out, probably from a short across the speaker terminals in the rear. Is there any way this can be fixed? I love the sound on this Fisher system. Thanks, Don
Don, I am looking for the same thing you are my left channel is out also. Kind of odd we would have the same problem on the same system, I bought mine around 1984 and it has been a great system. I hope someone out there can help us. Skip

Joeg007

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016
I too have had the same problem on the same system, I also see this was posted 4 years ago but was a solution ever found? Thanks, Joseph

You can remove the cover. Check for any glass fuses that no longer have a wire going from one end to the other. You can try to replace it with the same amperage value fuse. If it blows then the solution is a a good repair technician and too much money. It's not a DIY repair.
These are not real Fisher receivers. They date from when the name was owned by Sankyo.