Fitness Life Hack: Philips DirectLife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus52085

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
Yeah, I kinda figured that gadget would be pretty limited. However, for a hundred bucks, I didn't think it would be THAT limited. Not worth it in my opinion. I like the fact that this little gadget makes you more aware of what you do on a daily basis, but I can just do that with my cell phone by setting alarams throughout the day.

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
Interesting article. It looks like the device has limited capabilities.

I am a senior citizen and I go to the gym 5 days a week for a 90 minute workout. Motivation can be difficult. Some days I don't feel like going but I go anyway. It becomes part of a regular routine.

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
The biggest thing is just moving more, unless you're trying to build strength, power, muscle, etc. . .

I've lost a lot of weight since one year ago. Diet is a part of it (portion sizes tend to be smaller in Japan), but the biggest part is just being more active. I have to ride my bike or walk to the train station every day, I'm physically active at work (picking up kids and almost always standing), and on my days off I usually walk even more than usual. In fact, that's one of the main reasons I like to go to the mall so often in winter.

I think for those people working at desk jobs, a good thing that more places are starting to implement is the standing desk. That's a huge difference. That small amount of calories constantly being burned adds up and is more important that going to the gym once a week. Quantity often wins out over quality when it comes to physical activity. More constant activity means more consistently high metabolic rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.