Fix badl burnt laptop motherboard

romaine77

Commendable
Mar 13, 2016
Hey I need help fixing these badly burnt laptop PCB I for into a little bit of accident while attempting fixing these and unfortunately I burnt through the copper layers and no I can't find back all the traces.

Solution
I don't think you can fix a hole in your motherboard, only thing you can do is replace it with the same model.
I once took my laptop to a shop to change my charging port, and I told them I wanted to do it myself, but I didn't have a soldering iron.
They told me: If you want to solder on your motherboard, you have to be careful and have previous experiences with soldering, soldering on motherboards is a really fragile job, you heat it too much and you go through the layers of the motherboard.
From that day, I have not tried soldering on the motherboard, because I am living on a tight budget.

romaine77

Commendable
Mar 13, 2016

romaine77

Commendable
Mar 13, 2016
I had the soldering iron at max heat then I decided to use it to take the components off the board then I burnt through all the copper layers on the laptop pcb it has a hole in the board

lakimens

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
I don't think you can fix a hole in your motherboard, only thing you can do is replace it with the same model.
I once took my laptop to a shop to change my charging port, and I told them I wanted to do it myself, but I didn't have a soldering iron.
They told me: If you want to solder on your motherboard, you have to be careful and have previous experiences with soldering, soldering on motherboards is a really fragile job, you heat it too much and you go through the layers of the motherboard.
From that day, I have not tried soldering on the motherboard, because I am living on a tight budget.

Solution