CybernatonEvolution

Commendable
May 6, 2016
The USB sound card that the Hyperx Cloud II uses broke recently. The manufacturer sells it for 30$ which is basically the equivalent of a budget headset. I also feel like it will be a waste if I got a cheaper 30-50$ headset with fake 7.1 surround.

What should I do now? I bought a cheap jack extension that didn't work properly, and plugging the headset's jack directly doesn't produce the same sound quality as the USB sound card (without 7.1 turned on). Should I get a better jack extension (I didn't like the 7.1 sound produced), buy a new headset, or buy a new USB sound card that the Cloud II uses?

I thought of buying a dedicated sound card and then connect the Cloud II to it (without the USB sound card obviously). Some Corsair and Steelseries 50$ headsets with 7.1 surround looked tempting, but I doubt that they are of the same quality as the Cloud II.

CybernatonEvolution

Commendable
May 6, 2016
Update:

I can't buy anything from Kingston as I don't live in the US; they refused the third-party courier address that I provided too. I would like some advice on jack extensions or external sound cards if I can use them in conjunction with my Cloud II. I might as well buy a new headset, but I feel like it is a waste to throw a premium 90$ headset because of its crappy manufacturer. I mean Logitech provides spare parts on most websites for the G930 (spare battery that always dies).

Edit: the jack broke. Now only the left speaker/cup works; I can safely assume that this headset is dead.