Fixing an SD card memory

dedrinkall

Prominent
Nov 5, 2017
I have a Nikon coolpix L30 camera. I am using a Kodak 256 SD card. I can only take about 50 pictures and the memory card is full. Is the SD card some how locked/protected mode. I would like to know if there are more pics on there and what I can do to have more memory for taking more than about 50 photos.

Solution
Have you examined the contents of the card on a PC using a card reader to see if anything else is on the card? When you say a 256 SD card do you mean a 256GB SD card or 256MB SD card? If it is a 256MB SD card then that would probably explain why you are only getting 50 pictures before the card is full. I don't believe Kodak makes a 256GB SD card so I'm guessing it is the 256MB card.
Have you examined the contents of the card on a PC using a card reader to see if anything else is on the card? When you say a 256 SD card do you mean a 256GB SD card or 256MB SD card? If it is a 256MB SD card then that would probably explain why you are only getting 50 pictures before the card is full. I don't believe Kodak makes a 256GB SD card so I'm guessing it is the 256MB card.

Solution