Floppy Copying software

Kayden

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2005
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some software that would allow me to make an image of a floppy disk and then copy it to several other floppy drives simultaneously.

g-paw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
I think the reason no one is responding is it likely can't be done and if it can, no one knows how. First, you'd need something that you can put multiple floppies in and then copy to all simultaneously and I doubt such a thing exists outside the Smithsonian, i.e., no one is likely to make or sell any floppy enhancement hardware. Second, you might be able to do this off a server that would give you access to multiple computers so you could copy them from the server to multiple machines with floppy drives simultaneously but have no idea if this is possible and if so, how you'd do it. Would need a network admin to tell you how.

Kayden

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2005
Wow, you put way too much thought into that. We have a lot of USB floppies for laptops we were going to hook up to one PC. Hardware isn't the issue.

g-paw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006

Semi retired so too much time to think Can you network them and copy off a server?