fluctuation of performance

umairchang

Prominent
Mar 7, 2017
i play games on my dell inspiron and having a very strange problem. when i play mortal kombat x it runs on 25 fps. but when i restart my laptop the same game runs on nearly 50 fps. this happens with every time and with every game. and now the problem is even getting worse. i need to restart my laptop two times to get the desired fps. my drivers are updated and everything else is working fine

my specs
dell inspiron 5748
processor intel i7-4510u 2.0 ghz (turbo upto 3.1 ghz)
graphic card; nvidia 840m and intel HD graphics 4400
ram; 8 gb
hard drive; 1 tb
operating system; windows 10 anniversery edition

I would suspect it gets laggy because of either heating issues ( getting too hot ) or you may have something running in the background that over time causes the slow down. Check your resource monitor and see if there is anything in the background running that is eating up CPU or RAM resources.
http://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-use-windows-10s-resource-monitor-to-track-memory-usage/

umairchang

Prominent
Mar 7, 2017
bro problem happens whenever i start my pc and sometimes the perfomance even improve with time so it is definitely not due to overheating. it may be due to any background process but the only process i find is svchost.exe. but even this process dont occupy that much memory. i ran the resource monitor and it showed me that during the performance slump the standby memory is only 474 mb and free memory is more than 5 gb. but after restart standby memory increases to 1450 mb and free memory is only around 4 gb and i was getting my desired performance.