"FM starting up"

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2018
Hooked up Bose Lifestyle V25 Theater system purchased as a new refurb on ebay. Everthing had been out of the box once but packed back in very well. The system hooked up with no problem. All 5 speakers worked and sounded great. After 2 days switching from tv to mlb.com on smart tv the system would not go back to the tv part of the programming. The spot where tv said tv now said "FM" and the remote said "FM starting up" it was stuck there and I could not get the tv back. I unhooked the bose and went directly to tv so now speakers don't work. If I turn on Bose now it still says "FM starting up" Any help would be greatly appreciated even if the advice is take it to a service center. Thank you!

The main unit of the Bose is set to FM radio and is looking for radio stations. If you can't switch it back to the input you connected the TV audio then unplug it from AC and try it again. The quality of refurbished gear varies a lot so it's not a big surprise for a problem to occur. Try to get it replaced rather than repaired. That will depend on how long you have it, who the seller was and what kind of warranty you got..

Status
Not open for further replies.