Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, computer not detecting microphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itroitnyah

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
I recently built a computer, I got it all set up and working, and I'm using the focusrite scarlett 2i2 because I do some music stuff and will eventually be getting some studio monitors. Anyways, I connected my condenser mic into one of the XLR ports, I have the 48V button pressed so the phantom power is on, and the switch for the corresponding XLR port is set to "Line". I have the latest drivers downloaded, and my computer won't detect the microphone. I've tried using the windows sound recorder, audacity and with skype to no avail. I've opened the Recording Devices page under control panel, and the proper device is defaulted, as well as checking to make sure that the device was selected for use in Audacity and skype. When I plug in the XLR cord into the port, the LED ring around the gain knob flashes just like it's supposed to, so I'm not sure why my computer isn't detecting the microphone and allowing me to record :/ I've used it on my family computer before and did a little recording, which adds more to my confusion as to why it won't work anymore...

Also, when I try to change the default format for the output (under playback devices, focusrite scarlett 2i2 properties, advanced), it will only allow me to change the audio quality to 2-channel, 16-bit, 96000 hz at max, when I know that the device should be fully capable of doing 24bit 96k hz quality

andrew_berge

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013
"my computer won't detect the microphone"
"I've opened the Recording Devices page under control panel, and the proper device is defaulted"

These sentences contradict each other. What exactly isn't working?

Itroitnyah

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
It just won't let me record, and those don't contradict each other because they're both true, the proper device is detected and the computer won't detect the microphone. But the problem is solved now, I turned off my computer and it worked when I turned it back on.

tayben

Estimable
Nov 3, 2015

Hi,

I'm aware this is an old thread, but I am having the same problem with my iTrack Solo!

I want it to be my playback device and recording device (Line in and Line out). What i have come across is that it can only be either or for some reason, e.g. when i set only one of them as my device (playback or recording) they work by themselves, but as soon as the interface is set as both only one works still.

I want to use the interface for playback and recording!

jo11magalhaes

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017

did you solved this ? please i'm having the same issue

tayben

Estimable
Nov 3, 2015

Get in contact with Focusrite, they have a team who were really helpful in finding a solution to my problem =)

Launch a support ticket and they will help you.
https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new

I ended up getting a custom driver off them for my situation and had to reassign what driver was being used for my focusrite iTrack solo in device manager to be the new driver that had been provided. (obviously after uninstalling the stock driver that i already had installed and was not working).

Status
Not open for further replies.