For security reasons my Facebook account is temporarily locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

a cooperator

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
Hi,

Could anyone suggest me how to recover my Facebook account?
First of all: I deliberately typed all information below, to let you exactly know what I have done. So, you may be helping me more. I don't know if any of the information given below will violate my safety here in this public forum. So, if any, please let me informed to delete it.

My problem is:::: Whenever I open my Facebook account, I am faced with
For security reasons your account is temporarily locked
If this account reflects your real name and personal information, please help us verify it. 'Continue'

My headline points are::
•My Facebook got right now blocked is associated with my other email address 'XXX.Hotmail.com'. However, my last Facebook had been blocked and still blocked about two years ago is associated with my other email address 'XXX.Yahoo.com'
•I do no longer care about my Facebook blocked two years ago. However, I most care about my Facebook account got blocked right now.
• Even before blocking my Facebook account associated with my email address ''XXX.Hotmail.com', there have been no notifications upcoming to my email 'XXX.Hotmail.com' associated with my Facebook blocked right now. However, there have been notifications upcoming to my email 'XXX.Yahoo.com' associated with my Facebook account got blocked two years ago.
•I have not tried to open my Facebook account on another computer than the one I normally use since I don't have other device right now.
• My Facebook's page name is 'Mohammad Lardhi', and the background image is an image of a cave

Secondly:- I commented a first comment at Cheveing Scholarships page

https://www.facebook.com/officialchevening
Upcoming live Q&A sessions
We're holding a few more Q&A sessions. If you'd like to take part, head over to our Facebook page on the day.

My first comment on which that person liked it has been ::
Can I be eligible to apply for a Chevening Master Scholarship with holding a YEMENI BACHELOR's DEGREE? I applied for the previous Chevening Scholarships rounds trying to applying for a Chevening Master scholarship. However, my application forms were all rejected for no specified reason. So, I sent an email to Chevening's secretariat about half a year ago, they replied :

"To reiterate although UK universities may accept degree equivalencies of below a 2:1, in order to be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you will need to have already been awarded a 2:1 equivalency degree. Therefore, if according to UK NARIC, you require a Master's in Yemen in order to hold an equivalent degree then unfortunately you will require a Master's as well as a Bachelor's degree in order to apply for a Chevening Scholarship."

As a result, my questions are:
1- I have checked the ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for the 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarships, and I didn't find them made that clear that all bachelors' degrees from Yemeni universities are insufficient for a Chevening scholarship before applicants start the process of putting together an application as long as the Chevening secretariat said it is true that all bachelors' degrees from Yemeni universities are insufficient for a Chevening scholarship, and that a Yemeni master's degree is the lowest degree that would be regarded as the equivalent of an upper second class honours degree issued in the UK.

2- I was told that an undergraduate degree(BSc) issued by a Yemeni university is not equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK(that means all bachelors' degrees from Yemeni universities are insufficient for a Chevening scholarship). As a result, I don't know if my applying for the 2016/2017 Chevening Master Scholarships will be well worth a try or not.

Thirdly: Also, tonight, I have posted/commented on the same page another comment, which I think will be a way which would violate the terms of use in Facebook ? After I posted that comment below, I have tried to send a private message to that person liked my first post above, and I include in the private message the same content of comment bleow. When I sent the private message, my account get blocked.

My first comment doesn't seem to violate the terms of use in Facebook. So, I don't know if sending private message to that member caused the problem or my final comment was a way which would violate the terms of use in Facebook. Even when looking for that final comment of mine, I didn't find that ommment has been shown in that page at all. However, my first comment is shown.
I looked for my final and first comments by looking for wordings I written in those comments here below by clicking 'Ctrl+F'
:
Timeline Photos - The Official Chevening Page | Facebook

This is my first comment is still shown.

372832d1443841564-security-reasons-my-facebook-account-temporarily-locked-can-i-eligible-apply-chevening-master-scholarship-holding-yemeni-bachelors-d.jpg

This below is the final comment(only without heading and endings of private message) and the private message I sent to that member liked my first post/comment.
Dear Mr. Sahona,

I am now writing you about my comment you have ticked it as 'like it' .
From my deep experience in Chevening scholarships, I would like to suggest that all other applicants, in particular, those having undergraduate degrees issued in countries not recognised internationally, shouldn't be starting the process of putting together their applications. Moreover, I sent an email to Chevening's secretariat in my country and and in the UK, but none of them replied to me at all.
Chevening Enquiries - Yemen (yemen@chevening.org); Mike Holland.fco.gov.uk (mike.holland@fco.gov.uk); Robert.Wilson@fco.gov.uk (robert.wilson@fco.gov.uk); Mohammed Al-Haimi@fco.gov.uk (mohammed.al-haimi@fco.gov.uk); Layal Alhakimi (layal.alhakimi@ye.britishcouncil.org); Mansour Almasoudi (mansour.almasoudi@ye.britishcouncil.org)

If they don't reply to an applicant via their private emails, then they are more likely not willing to help us. So, how could anyone be expecting any useful replies from them will be here in their Chevening scholarships page at facebook.com.

I look forward to receiving your reply at your earliest convenience,

What I exactly have done before blocking my account(I am faced with 'For security reasons your account is temporarily locked') are::::

* I posted a final comment shown above in the second CODE (only I removed the heading and endings of private message)

* I have just right now contacted someone (I only recall his last username is Sahona:, I have not realized that I would be facing such problem, or I could write down his full user name so I can google at Facebook.com. He is from Cambodia. His background image looks the art of making pots, bowls, etc since his speciality in his profile is an architecture who graduated from the Royal University of Fine Arts in Cambodia). That member is not adding on my facebook contacts(Facebook's friends). However, that person ticked one comment of mine as 'like it'. So, I was notified by Facebook. That Facebook member I sent a message was from Cambodia.

Then, I decided to send him a private message asking him about that topic I commented on. However,
1- whenever submitting that message, I was facing(I was prompted to) 'please select all photo which show 'lion', then when I have done that correctly, and then submitted the message, there was an error telling me that please resubmit the message again.
2- I try to submit it again, I prompted again with the same thing ''please select all photo which show 'waterfall', and I selected all photos showing 'waterfall'. However, there was an error telling me that please resubmit the message again.
3- I submitted it again, and I was prompted to 'please select all photo which show 'lion, and when selecting all photo showing lion correctly, this time my message was successfully submitted. However, I immediately was asked 'For security reasons your account is temporarily locked'

I don't think that that action above done by me will be a way which would violate the terms of use in Facebook ?

What I exactly have done after seeing that my account is blocked is::: :

1- whenever I open my Facebook account, I am faced with 'For security reasons your account is temporarily locked'
If this account reflects your real name and personal information, please help us verify it. 'Continue'

2- When continuing with other steps after 'For security reasons your account is temporarily locked' by clicking on the button ''Continue'' under this statement below:

3- I was asked to be to Enter a text code of a six-character

Then, this showed me
Please confirm your identity:::
We're going to show you some photos of people you're connected to on Facebook. To unlock your account, correctly identify who they are. If you aren't sure about a photo, click "Skip".

Since I have not recalled whom all those photos listed after going ahead appear to be ( for who people ), since I only have (2 skips left), then I only have guessed.
So, in the end of five questions, I was not told how many questions I answered correctly, However, instead, I was prompted to::

Upload a photo ID
To make sure that this is your account, we need you to upload a colour photo of your government-issued ID. Your ID should include your name, date of birth and photo.

Acceptable IDs include your:

Passport

Driving license

State-issued ID card

Military ID card

Immigration ID with signature

Please bear in mind that we can't accept your profile picture.

Once we've received and reviewed a clear image of your ID, we will permanently delete your attached identification document from our servers.

4- there is an option of 'I don't have an ID', an option of 'continue' and an option of 'go back', when clicking on 'I don't have an ID': I was prompted to:

Other Types of ID

If you don't have a government-issued photo ID, you can upload two alternative forms of ID. We accept:

Company or school/university ID

Library or gym membership card

Birth certificate

Social security card

Bank statement

Utility bill

Together, the two IDs should clearly show your name, date of birth and photo.

5- there is an option of 'I don't have any of these IDs', an option of 'continue' and an option of 'go back', when clicking on 'I don't have any of these IDs',
I was prompted to:
https://www.facebook.com/help/303144586449165

As a result, I have been afraid of uploading any ID of mine.So, I ignored it:, my account still locked, and this didn't help me.

a cooperator

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012

Thanks a lot,
if you have read my entire thread, you will see that I have stated that I didn't upload my IDS since I am afraid. Do think it is OK to go ahead.
Also, do you see any way of my comments violating the terms of us in Facebook.
Also, where do you think I can contact with Facebook?

a cooperator

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012

Thanks a lot,

How to contact Facebook support?

Also, I have so detailedly explained what I have received in my first post.

You have not asked me if I can go ahead to upload my ID card when I asked by Facebook to leave the ban?

USAFRet

Illustrious

At facebook.com
https://www.facebook.com/help/?ref=pf

a cooperator

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012

Thanks a lot,
That link above will not guide me to contact Facebook team?

Although I don't know if this could solve my problem, You have not told me if I can go ahead to upload my ID card when I was asked by Facebook to leave the ban?

Although I was not sure that uploading my ID would help fix my issue, I have tried uploading my government-issued ID, and I was notified by Facebook that I will be notified by Facebook via my email address with which I logged.
I hope they will leave the ban of my account.

a cooperator

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012

I decided to upload my government-issued ID two days ago, and I was notified by Facebook that I would be notified via my email in to which I was logged. However, so far, they didn't contact me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.