Former UK PM Killed Steve Jobs' Knighthood?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]pale paladin[/nom]I couldn't say it any better than princeofdreams if I tried. Very well said. on another note, I cannot believe Tom's would post this kind of Apple propaganda bullshit. cmon guys.[/citation]

No offense to Tom's or the editors, but its not an investigative journalism site. Mostly tech news aggregation. Checking out the credibility of articles and sources takes time. I've done some rudimentary investigation of some sources I was quoting in some pieces and it can take a while.

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]eyemaster[/nom]Really? Why does Steve Jobs need knighthood? Or why does he deserve it? I didn't know just being CEO or something, made you eligible.[/citation]

Look at the innovations for the consumer: first desktop with GUI, iPod, Thunderbolt (with Intel), iTunes Store, first printer to ship with Adobe's PostScript interpreter technology,the first laptop to feature a keyboard positioned away from the user to allow for a palm rest and trackball, Newton was one of the first digital assistants, first unibody desktop eMac/iMac, FW400 when all we had was USB 1, iPad, etc. Some may say that Apple did not innovate with the iPad, but the made a hit.

Gartner has predicted that computer will fall about 5% due to the iPad, and people using computers differently. The general consumer likes it sweet and simple, and those of us who like power computing and DIY will become a small group, but hopefully still creative enough to add some innovation to the computer market with our needs. Seems that most of the money to be made by the computer entrepreneur is via software design.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Jobs, knighthood? He did nothing but just pack things together in a pretty shape. What about the engineers that drive this world? The ones that discover how to store more data in magnetic disks, ones who speed up our processors, ones that devise new methods for wireless communication? Why are we ignoring the workers behind the scene?

Status
Not open for further replies.