Fox's KDVR News Calls Xbox the 'Sex Box'

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Once again all this boils down to the parenting. Online gaming can be nearly perfectly safe as long as the parents are involved. I will say that video games can serve as a gateway to child predation, but so can almost anything. Parents need to step up, online gaming does not need to step down.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]AlexTheBlue[/nom]Don't try to lump high end PCs in with the PS3. The PS3 is just as outdated as the 360. What a fanboy.[/citation]
BUT BUT TEH CE77!!!

IT IS 50 F45T!!!!!

descendency

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Ramar[/nom]The fact that Faux Noise has the highest ratings of any news network in America is disgusting, and it's the reason we'll never know if the current administration would ever have been good or bad, because half the country is too scared to let them try. Not trying to start an administration flame war, just saying it's the only way the right wing is sure they'll win back public opinion: by scaring people.[/citation]

You're seriously talking about scaring people being an only right-wing tactic? Did you miss the last election? "If you don't elect Barack Obama, you'll get four more years of George W Bush."
"If we don't fix our environment, Global Warming will kill us all."
"Big Oil companies are just trying to rip you off! We need to tax them out of existence!"

If you think Fox is so bad, you should see the other networks. I feel bad for the liberals that watch that trash.

The sad part is that 99% of the people that watch the news can't detect simple logical fallacies is what leads to the level of "ignorance". Then again, everything the right can be accused, the left seems to be doing it much much faster.

You're either "working for corporations" or "fixing the economy".
You're either "capitulating to foreign nations" or "being diplomatic".
You're either "in the pockets of health insurance companies" or "helping senior citizens getting life saving drugs".

Don't get political on a story that has nothing to do with it or you'll look quite silly. Neither side of our government right now has good answers or plans. They both use rhetoric to confuse the average person (who isn't as stupid as that, but doesn't have time to do real research and has to rely on our abomination of news networks) while they advance their pro-government agendas. The party of opposition simply sits around with it's hands under it's butt while the other cries about the fact they can't get anything done.

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
I find it funny that fox news is always so quick to point the outrage finger over sex, yet they won't look at Fox's own primetime lineup!

d-block

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
i'd like to see the statistics of child abduction from xbox live, or the playstation network, or whatever the hell the wii uses. you may have some loud mouth that is calling you bad names, but i doubt that he invites you over to play touch the joystick with him. terrible article.

RogueKitsune

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
First off what do you expect from fox news(local or national). They lost all credibility in my eyes after the Mass Effect report. But seriously have they ever actually used an xbox or any other console and look at its parental and privacy controls. Shoot i wander if they have even heard of myspace and facebook. Those are like Stalking for dummies.

BluntObjection

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
"Come'er lil thomaspwnzu69, lemme show u mah rail gun"
"Then imma twirl you around like kratos twirls around his two chain swords"
"It'll be the Mario cart ride of ur life"

Dunno where I'm going with all that. Just to make a joke of the ever growing trend of blaming everything on video games.
Sexual predators are using instant messangers, blogs, social media sites, phone texts, online games, websites, and they still prowl around schools, probably use snail mail too. At any rate, calling the xbox a sexbox is older than old news.

daglesj

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2007
I never plug my headsets in. I remember playing Halo2 online and hearing spooky sounding 10 years olds saying "daglesj, you got owned!" was quite unsettling. That and the loutish swearing was just off-putting. I can swear with the best of them but I dont want strangers doing it in my livingroom.

We adults need protection!

thedreadfather

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
I find it funny that most of you (excluding roguekitsune) who are bashing this story because its Fox News aren't distinguishing the difference between local and national. The "number one viewerbase" applies to the national news. You really believe everyone tunes in at 5:00 to watch some no-name reporter in Denver?

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]thedreadfather[/nom]I find it funny that most of you (excluding roguekitsune) who are bashing this story because its Fox News aren't distinguishing the difference between local and national. The "number one viewerbase" applies to the national news. You really believe everyone tunes in at 5:00 to watch some no-name reporter in Denver?[/citation]

Remember the "report" that a local FOX affiliate did about Anonymous a while back? Showing footage of a van exploding, TWICE, because they were absolutely convinced that Anonymous were terrorists? Yeah, Local FOX is no better than national FOX; it's all bout brand recognition and FOX news at every level knows that sensationalism sells a lot easier than the truth.

rbarone69

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
wow so many wing nuts here!

Never in my life have I seen such slamming of a network because they report the other side of things!

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]rbarone69[/nom]wow so many wing nuts here!Never in my life have I seen such slamming of a network because they report the other side of things![/citation]

Thing is, Fox doesn't "report." Period.

Only thing they care about is ratings.
How do you get ratings? Sensationalizing and fear tactics.
Fox being "Fair and Balanced" is the biggest joke in the world.

Being factual and not giving bias at all is what real journalism is about. Sadly you don't see a lot of that these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.