Fps drops Asus ROG Strix Hero 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2018
Greetings

my laptop is asus rog strix hero 2 with 16gb ram and GTX1060 version.

So I have this following issue in all my games I have FPS drops every 5-ish seconds.
For example CSgo 300 fps drops to 120-150ish(sometimes even below 100). It's in every game.
I have looked around online for some solutions this is what i tried so far.

Reinstalling Windows
Full updates windows.
updated BIOS
Enable Ultimate performance Mode in windows
Check for throtteling of cpu -> doesnt throttle (hwmonitor)
Yet undervolted my CPU with throttlestop to make sure. no change.
with Aida64 10mins on full cpu load my laptop doesnt go over 78degrees so It's cooling fine.

aetwarysing

Great
Nov 22, 2018
bro i have the same laptop and the same issue
i have tried all the solution possible but haven't tried reinstalling windows
i don't know what to do
i have recently installed Rise of the Tomb Raider and its almost unplayable. frame drops from 70 to 20-16 fps

aetwarysing

Great
Nov 22, 2018
some people got the bios update 306 via windows update and that it has fixed the frame drop issues.
i am still waiting for the update
have you receive the update ????

Jan 4, 2019
i have got the same system. frame drops on every game from 70 -120 fps to 19-30 fps suddenly. have tried anti malware. and uninstalling and re-installing nvidia driver enabling v sync and battery options. nothing helped. have you got the optimal solution?

Jan 4, 2019
having same laptop and same issue. i think it is because windows update so only thing left for me to do is installing the windows version that came with laptop but i am unable to track what version of windows was there in the fresh pc. if you know then please reply or if you have solved the issue please share the solution.

aetwarysing

Great
Nov 22, 2018
Through ROG forum, i was able to get a BIOS version 307 that solved the frame drops issues. It also solved the fan noise and the dim screen that i was getting. The fan on overboost is a bit quieter now but i am getting high temps - around 5c more. The most important is the frame drops which have been finally solved

Status
Not open for further replies.