fps drops in every game i play.

Whatcorey

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
No matter what game i play, or what graphics card i have it set to, i always get lag spikes, and i would understand if its multiplayer, but the problem i have is im getting it in every single player game i play, even ones with offline bots, including, counter strike 1.6, counter strike source, condition zero, day of infamy, call of duty world at war, day of defeat, Call of duty united offensive, Cod1 and cod 2, and oblivion. I have sent this laptop in 3 times, but they tell me nothing is wront with it, even though i write down the issue im having. Ive done tons of searches, and i finally though a program called quiet HDD would work, but it didnt. I get these problems playing games that are downloaded to my HDD. I dont know if this has to do with my graphics card, or hard drive, or something else internal. Hopefully someone here can help me with this issue because this was a very expensive laptop. i do have all my drivers updated.

Laptop specs

Asus ROGL752VW
16 Gigs of ram
intel i7 processor with intel graphics card
Nvidia geforce gtx 960M 4gb vram
windows 10 home

Whatcorey

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
60 to 70 degrees, and it does this on old games back from the stone age, cs 1.6, day of defeat, cs condition zero, cs source, oblivion , call of duty 1, 2, and united offensive. new games run fine, and i thought the problem was my laptop, but i ran these games no problem on my old laptop. I dont bother with new games because im an old school guy. The only time my temps exceed 80-90 is when im playing high performance games like heroes of the storm, but i dont play it much anymore.

galennare

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
I would say check your Nvidia drivers and use Geforce experience to optimize your settings. I use a lower end laptop to play heavier games with no problem as long as I keep those up to date.

Whatcorey

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
some games cant be found on Geforce experience, but the ones that do still have the issues with the one second freeze and giant fps drop. it does not happen online, only single player.

Multipack

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
I would advise never using GeForce Experience to optimise anything myself. And I think the issue is just the system spec itself.

Whatcorey

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014

Yeah i was sure no change would come of that, but ive sent this in 3 times and Asus tells me theres no error or damage or fauly hardware, have no idea what to do now.

Multipack

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
Check for bottlenecks. Follow this guide if you are unfamiliar with logging usage stats http://www.pcgamer.com/will-your-cpu-bottleneck-your-graphics-card/

galennare

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
Watch your GPU and CPU temps. They could be overheating or your fans aren't turned up enough to cool them so you're having bottlenecking.

Whatcorey

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014

i notice it happens when im playing high performance games, however, the ones im playing are very low, my laptop does not get hot at all.