Fresh install Windows 7/Drivers

nowuncme

Estimable
Nov 12, 2015
Hi,
I have a HP Pavilion dv9288ea Laptop that originally had Vista installed on it. I just done a clean install of Windows 7 32bit.
Now I'm trying to install all the drivers and updates but not I'm not sure what drivers or where! I went on the Hp site and used the auto check tool.It finds my machine but asks me to pick what operating system I'm using but only has Vista listed!

Surely I can get drivers for this?

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... That's why we build and don't buy HP-Dell etc... they use Chinese chips/MB's and Drivers of companies, that don't exist any more or provide support for new OS systems.

Typically before you delete the OLD OS you need to look at your device manager and get all hardware info you can there first... To make searching easier for new version drivers.
Or you can open up the MB and look at the chips and numbers on them... to research them.

Can you reload the Vista OS and drivers again to look at what hardware you have?

USAFRet

Illustrious

If all it says at HP is Vista drivers, then that is all they created for it. They are not obligated to make new ones for old hardware.

Shaun o

Distinguished
There`s the thing with pre built systems by some vendors.
They tend not to keep up to date with drivers for your system, and any other OS other than the one originally installed as part of there system build to be honest.

Sometimes you can get away with installing a Vista driver on a windows 7 OS providing you use the correct bit version of the driver, in your case 32 bit since windows 7 is.

You may also in order to get the drivers to install, first power your system on and keep tapping the F8 key on your keyboard.

You should be brought to the windows 7 OS booting and loading mode options.
Select :Disable driver signature checking.
Where if you install drivers to windows, but at the next restart windows freezes or fails to load to desktop.
This mode should be chosen while booting the system.

nowuncme

Estimable
Nov 12, 2015

I don't have the old Vista disk anymore! I only have windows 7 disk.

nowuncme

Estimable
Nov 12, 2015

I done what you suggested. The thing is when I go into the Hp site and select the Vista drivers, the page is not loading up properly for me me to choose download!

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... ya thats the other problem with HP and Dell Website at times... Did you leave feedback when asked?... LOL

1) Do you have JAVA installed? Some Webpages still require it to run the Java script your clicking on.
2) Are trying this on a another working computer?
3) Sometimes you have to Give them your product identity/code/sticker info, to get access the DL's.