Solved! from hdd to sdd not booting

Dec 9, 2020
Hey
I have a win10 desktop pc where i replaced the old HDD with a new SDD.
I installed the SDD in windows partinioned and formattet, windows i s recognising it fine.
Cloning withEaseus went fine besides.
Replacing the old HDD with the new SDD and trying to boot only brings a black screen or a message telling there is no bootable device recognised.

Both HD work with MBR and since i cloned them they have the same sice.

But some how my Bios is not abel to boot from the new SSD......

Any suggestions on what to do..?
Greetings Simon

Solution
Looks like you may be missing a system reserved partition on your ssd ,this will contain the bootable info required to boot from the ssd. If this is the case you can create a small partition say 500mb on the ssd making sure it shows as unallocated space and then clone the boot partition from your hdd to the newly created partition on your ssd.I hope this makes sense because its a long time since I cloned my hdd ,I made the mistake of not selecting the correct WINpe environment when trying to use the cloning software which resulted in only cloning the Windows partition and not the system reserved which shows in the BIOS boot menu.
Regards
Stay Safe

raykneale

Honorable
Oct 5, 2017
Looks like you may be missing a system reserved partition on your ssd ,this will contain the bootable info required to boot from the ssd. If this is the case you can create a small partition say 500mb on the ssd making sure it shows as unallocated space and then clone the boot partition from your hdd to the newly created partition on your ssd.I hope this makes sense because its a long time since I cloned my hdd ,I made the mistake of not selecting the correct WINpe environment when trying to use the cloning software which resulted in only cloning the Windows partition and not the system reserved which shows in the BIOS boot menu.
Regards
Stay Safe

Solution