Froyo Heading to Verizon Next Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris13th

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
This is fantastic news! My Droid is incredibly slow compared to my buddy's Nexus One. I hope my speed boost is somewhat comparable.

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
[citation][nom]attesan997[/nom]Incredible root I meant to say[/citation]

You can always flash back to the 2.1 build and get root again that way

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
[citation][nom]chris13th[/nom]This is fantastic news! My Droid is incredibly slow compared to my buddy's Nexus One. I hope my speed boost is somewhat comparable.[/citation]

I have a rooted moto droid with cyanogens froyo, and i must say the JIT compilation makes everything seem better. Opening and switching between applications seems to be noticeably faster then stock (no evidence to back that up though), even without an overclocked kernel.

maloney

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
I'm skeptical that HTC will roll out Froyo at the same time as the Motorola phones. HTC has the custom interface to delay deployment of updates.

Last time I checked, HTC's Facebook page was littered with users begging for 2.0/2.1 updates months after the updates were released.

dan117

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
and i'm still waiting to get it for my htc magic that won't have flash player even with 2.2, not even simple flash video (no complex animations)

rmmil978

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Awesome! 2.2 is finally coming to my Droid next week....wait a minute...that's funny...my phone already has 2.2 on it. Very strange. Very rootishly strange...

G

scook9
And I just got my Incredible yesterday :)

Splendid!

congrats ....and begin to pay $$$ for monthly data/voice plan use it or not...

yay

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2007
[citation][nom]attesan997[/nom]Incredible root I meant to say[/citation]

Did no-one else have a giggle at the "other, other" meaning of root?

justbrae1

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]maloney[/nom]I'm skeptical that HTC will roll out Froyo at the same time as the Motorola phones. HTC has the custom interface to delay deployment of updates.Last time I checked, HTC's Facebook page was littered with users begging for 2.0/2.1 updates months after the updates were released.[/citation]
HTC doesnt roll out the updates... verizon does. Motorola and HTC develop them.

maloney

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
[citation][nom]justbrae1[/nom]HTC doesnt roll out the updates... verizon does. Motorola and HTC develop them.[/citation]

Ok, well in that case maybe i'll be having Froyo for my incredible before gingerbread is released :)

G

I rooted mine long ago and when froyo came out I just stuck the bear bones froyo in and a overclock kernel. Not to be speed demon just uping it in certain intervals during high downloads, video playback, gaming, it made a difference. All the other mods from everyonr dont do nothing accept tweak alittle and make it pretty. I likey. The C++ got some nice stuff out. Totally different from the average mods. But all the credit is still to Google and Moto. Its still their stuffs. The mods might tweek or make pretty. Even a better file opening system. The over clock kernels open up whats already there. They got to be safe when selling to you. They cant have it wide open and smoking on the table in a week. They be out of bussiness. They left it open so you can play. Mine out the box was sluggish, black screen sometimes, with market items, had its oddities and ten times better with froyo and 3d enviroment and flash I give up to those guys. AFter all the mods I tried. The best was just straight newest froyo. Overclocked kernel. I got all my pretty. From market with, changeable color widgets. Then the best wallpapers i Pulled off net into my gallery, and my own art. A little pic and paint program goes a long ways. To make custom wallpaper what you want. Even unrooted if just your pc and market come up with cool stuff. for background and themes. Its a great phone for someone who barely knows what their doing to a whiz. Thumbs up to BIG G and MOTO. Probably wont be another for awhile. Besides the few hanging right now with it. Thumbs up to the leaks too that allow me to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.