Frozen notification won't go away

That Jon Guy

Commendable
Feb 12, 2016
Hello all. I tried adding an existing Gmail account to my Gmail app, so I could check multiple accounts from my tablet. However, the account I tried to add was a school account, so it was blocked in a sense, and the action couldn't be completed. It then urged me to download a Google "device policy" app. When I ran the app to complete the setup, it gave an error notification. It said the action could not be completed because it was a blocked account. Normally, if it wasnt, everything would have worked, and the notification would have gone away. However, since it couldn't be done, the notification stayed, and cannot be removed from the notification panel.

Long story short, the notification is still there, and no matter if I delete the app, it doesn't go away. The notification is simply stuck, seemingly forever.

Any help is appreciated.

Solution
Is that blocked account listed in the account list or is it gone?

The other issue may be that some systems have setup a policy that gets installed when you try to connect to email, corporations do that to ensure that a device that connects to resources like email is protected and managed. That device policy message you got may have been from your school email servers configuring your tablet with their security policy. Ask the school IT department about it.
Is that blocked account listed in the account list or is it gone?

The other issue may be that some systems have setup a policy that gets installed when you try to connect to email, corporations do that to ensure that a device that connects to resources like email is protected and managed. That device policy message you got may have been from your school email servers configuring your tablet with their security policy. Ask the school IT department about it.

Solution