Fujifilm finepix f200exr memory card problems

mma

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
Hello,

my camera does not see an(y) inserted SD memory card(s) I tried.
It prompts out that the images will be stored onto the internal memory even though the memory card is present.
Please help me out with any ideas on what to do about it.

Thanks!

mma

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010

Forgot to say that - during the last year since I bought it - it used to recognize SD memory cards

G

If the images on the card are not important try formatting it in the camera.

If you want to try saving the images you need a card reader (and perhaps a recovery program -- see free ones on FileHippo, MajorGeeks etc).

The message about saving to internal memory is normal -- most cameras have a small amount of built-in memory in addition to the memory card.

mma

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
I tried to format the card according to the user's manual.
The problem is that after re-inserting the card into the slot, the camera still thinks that there is no card present and consequently falls back on the internal memory.

G

Check the card for a write protect switch. Otherwise sounds like the card's failed. Before spending money on a new card I'd take the camera into the dealer and ask if they'll test it with the new card just to make sure it's not the camera which has failed.

The camera may not still be under warranty but it's what called a consumer durable -- so obviously it should outlast a one year warranty.