Fujtsu Siemens lifebook p702 screen replacement problem

Jeppee

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016
Hi,

My screen cracked when I was in malaysia so I went to a repair shop, they replaced it but only the fightback was working, I tried 3 different shops with different screens but none of them was working only the backlight was lit. When I got back home I ordered a display from ebay with the exact same P/N as the one that is cracked. And I got the same issue also with only the backlight on but no display. I've tried the old cracked one and it works as it should except the cracks.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Regards

J

Solution
It sounds like you may need a new graphics card. To be sure, try turning off the laptop, connect an external monitor, turn on the external monitor and then turn on the laptop.

Can you see the desktop on this monitor?

If no, it is the graphics card. If you can see it, then you may want to change the ribbon cable that connects the display.
It sounds like you may need a new graphics card. To be sure, try turning off the laptop, connect an external monitor, turn on the external monitor and then turn on the laptop.

Can you see the desktop on this monitor?

If no, it is the graphics card. If you can see it, then you may want to change the ribbon cable that connects the display.

Solution

Jeppee

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016

Thank you for the answer!

I've tried with an external montior connected to the DP and it works. Do you really think it could be the cable? I mean, I think it's strange that it works with the old cracked display but not with any of the new ones tested. But worth a try I guess, just need to find a reseller that sells the ribbon cable.