mjcussen

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017
My function keys are reversed to what they had been. I now have to press the "FN" key for e.g. the volume keys to work. I have searched the net for solutions and none have worked. I'm using Windows 10 on a Kira Ultrabook 13 i7

Solution
Hmmm.
Toshiba has not been very helpful in their documentation either.
I know some brands allow you to set how you want the Function keys to function in the BIOS, but I don't know if Toshiba is one of them.
If there is no option to change the behaviour in the BIOS, as you mention, then there must be a Toshiba utility (installed on your system currently, or downloadable) that you can use to change how it operates.

mjcussen

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017

How do I get into the BIOS? I've tried tapping the F2 key on start up, as we used to, but that doesn't work. However, the FN kys are what's at fault. I've tried rebooting while tapping the F2 key and FN F2. Neithe put me into the BIOS! In the meantime I'll look into accessing the BIOS online. Thanks.

mjcussen

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017
How do I get into the BIOS? I've tried tapping the F2 key on start up, as we used to, but that doesn't work. However, the FN keys are what's at fault. I've tried rebooting while tapping the F2 key and then the FN F2. Neither put me into the BIOS! In the meantime, I'll look into accessing the BIOS online. Thanks.

mjcussen

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017

Okay, I've managed to get into my Toshiba's BIOS,; it was F12. I couldn't see anything within the BIOS that might suggest a change to the FN keys!

Petrossa

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
Hmmm.
Toshiba has not been very helpful in their documentation either.
I know some brands allow you to set how you want the Function keys to function in the BIOS, but I don't know if Toshiba is one of them.
If there is no option to change the behaviour in the BIOS, as you mention, then there must be a Toshiba utility (installed on your system currently, or downloadable) that you can use to change how it operates.

Solution

mjcussen

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017

mjcussen

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017
Yes, there must be some way of changing this FN problem though a utility but it's a matter of finding it. I might go to Toshiba. Cheers and thanks!