Funky message then only a white screen after startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmccune2

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
My little HP mini has been working fine until my son started playing games on it. Today, we had a weird message show up saying that we are being fined for copyright infringement or something like that. Wanted us to send $200 bucks somewhere. Did not click the link, of course, but when I tried to get out of that screen...the computer went white. I forced a restart and after boot-up...it just goes white again. Task manager will not even pull up. Help!

gmccune2

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
It's not showing the link anymore at all. I cannot get back to that page...I cannot get anywhere. Even goes directly to white screen on safe mode. If I could just get to system recovery, then maybe I could restore to an earlier date.

candrabimbisara

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013

Hi...I have the same problem, could you tell me...how your husband fix that problem, i really apreciate your help, thanks in advance

( sorry for my bad english )

Hi :)

See my post above yours...its a VIRUS...

All the best Brett :)

Scamware rather than virus, methinks. I've had two through my hands this week - both from Cheshire Police and UK Police and written in the way a Russian might write in English - quite amusing if it wasn't so serious.

I'm going to close this thread now but the advice with these scamware attacks is DO NOT PAY THEM!!! It won't open up the PC and you'll still have to pay a professional PC Fixer after losing whatever money you send to these crooks.

I have another one to deal with today but sadly, the police aren't interested in getting this rubbish off the Net.

Status
Not open for further replies.