G430 does not produce any sound/mic doesn't work.

MyHorse

Estimable
Dec 14, 2014
Hello Tom's Hardware members, I own a Logitech G430 and bought it for $99.99. I have always had problems, such as the right ear sound not working, but I have resolved those issues. But now, I cannot hear anything from my G430 and the mic does not work. It is incredibly strange, as when I go to playback and test it, it says that it is playing the sound and is picking up on it. Except that, I cannot hear anything. This has been going on for 2 days. My drivers are up to date, I have removed the G430 software and it from my system, restarted my PC and installed the headset again and a bunch of other things. This is getting really annoying as I have a test due very soon for Japanese, requiring you to speak into the mic and listen to words and type them in. I do not have any other mic and my monitor does not have speakers. I also don't have a Mic/Line In.
Thanks,
MyHorse

Estimable
Jun 2, 2015
I've had the same problems with the G430. How long have you had it? I've had mine for about 6 months, and already both the mic and the headphones ceased to work. I don't know what to tell you, other than buy a G930, which is almost the same, but 70-90$ without wires and a much better mic.