Galaxy Note 2 and Android 4.3 screen rotation not working

j0ndafr3ak

Honorable
Feb 11, 2012
My phone OS was recently updated. Ever since, I hadn't used the camera yet until today, and I found out that the rotation sensor is malfunctioning. Take the camera app for example. The button you tap to take the shot should adjust as you rotate the phone. Well, though I hold my phone still, the button seems to have gone crazy, the camera icon keeps spinning, like it didn't know whether the phone is positioned vertically or horizontally. So, I wanted to try one more thing. I opened Chrome and guess what? it doesn't rotate when I turn the phone around. How's that possible? It perfectly worked last night and I'm pretty sure it hasn't fallen down or bumped into anything ever since. I restarted the phone, turned off screen rotation and smart stay, turned them on again yet unsuccessfully.

What's wrong?

Solution
There are occasions where an update may not have worked correctly or it was corrupted in some way. A re-install of the update may fix that if not then a call to your service provider is the next best thing.
Also as an example of updates changing things , on my computer every time I update my video cards drivers I have to go into the Nvidia control panel and enable the SLI feature since the new driver update will disable it even though there's nothing wrong with the driver update.
The same can be possible with the recent update to your phone , something may have gotten reset to the off position and needs to be turned back on. This is where the support tech can help since they know where to look for this issue.

inzone

Splendid
There are occasions where an update may not have worked correctly or it was corrupted in some way. A re-install of the update may fix that if not then a call to your service provider is the next best thing.
Also as an example of updates changing things , on my computer every time I update my video cards drivers I have to go into the Nvidia control panel and enable the SLI feature since the new driver update will disable it even though there's nothing wrong with the driver update.
The same can be possible with the recent update to your phone , something may have gotten reset to the off position and needs to be turned back on. This is where the support tech can help since they know where to look for this issue.

Solution

j0ndafr3ak

Honorable
Feb 11, 2012
Hey, thanks for your replies.

I decided to wait and the phone seems to have fixed itself lol. I don't know what happened... Restarts and turning features off and on didn't work.. patience did lol. so thanks to both. I'll choose as best answer inzone's, who was the first one to reply to the thread. thanks to both of you though