Galaxy S4 Mini or Galaxy S3?

venom0706

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
I hope that you can help me.I am really looking forward to buying one of these two phones, but I can't decide which one.I checked both of them at a store today.Galaxy S4 Mini felt a lot faster than S3.The touch and the applications, everything seemed so smooth.However, on the S3 things looked a little bit laggier.I also noticed that the S3 has a more powerful processor (Quad Core) than the S4 mini, so I couldn't figure why it seemed slower.Can you also explain whay Jelly Bean means and what diferrence does it make to the S3, which doesn't have it?I think my choice will go with the S4 Mini, since I also don't like large phones.However, can you please express your opinion on the matter, since I am unexperienced?Thank you.

DaniXks

Honorable
May 22, 2013
buy whichever you prefer! the S3 is better in games of course but If you don't like it buy the S4 Mini..! The jelly bean it's just a newer android version...nothing else. You can see some differencies in the graphics of the menu, the dial pad, and on the on screen keyboard...etc. :) But you can always update the S3 to the Jelly Bean version...

edit: I would prefer the S3 by the way... ( bigger screen, more powerful processor ) It shouldn't lag at all, at least in games... But, however, most of the phones start to lag when you full the memory and stuff... :)

venom0706

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Thanks for the information!Which do you think will serve me better in the long term?And last question:If I update the S3 to Jelly Bean and after some time I have to hard reset it (if a problem occurs) will I have to update it to Jelly Bean again, or it will be memorized?Thanks.

cult x

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

No man, if you reset the s3 after an update to jelly bean, it would not roll back to ice cream sandwich or in your words it would definately memorise the 4.3 update. So go for s3 it is damn sure a better choice and update it to jelly bean. If at all it lags just reset it.