Galaxy S7 question

fettclub

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
A few months ago my S7 ran a software update, and now I've noticed that I no longer have access to autocorrect, nor can I remove any content from my personal dictionary. Normally I'd find them in my settings under my keyboard, but they aren't there anymore. Does anyone know where to find these?

Solution
They should still be in the same place. It may well be that you need some more updates.

First check for firmware updates, and should that not resolve it, check for keyboard and messaging (assuming the auto correct you are referring to is in your messaging) updates through Google Play Store.

They should still be in the same place. It may well be that you need some more updates.

First check for firmware updates, and should that not resolve it, check for keyboard and messaging (assuming the auto correct you are referring to is in your messaging) updates through Google Play Store.

Solution

Rob_91

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017

If the update updated your operating system to 7.0 and you lost these functions, I think your out of luck. Not because I know first hand that these features where held out of the update because I do not. I'm just giving a scenario.

Melody_8

Prominent
May 3, 2017
I am having the same problem.

In fact, the texting app really went wonky after the update. Was sending up to 7 copies of the same text to people. And my learned dictionary is gone.

There are also words that I really want to remove from the dictionary... I use Swype and I'm really tired of calling people thou instead of you. Lol.

I removed thou from my last dictionary. It was much better.

I stopped using the texting app after this update. I now use Textra. Still can't access the dictionary. Ugh.

Rob_91

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017

I am not having these problems with android 7.0, and I have root access with it to. Either you can go back to your old operating system, or try going to settings->software update and see if there is more updates available. If you want to know how to flash back to your old OS, let me know. I have the files to reverse back before the update and then you can choose to opt out of future updates. 7.0 really didn't bring anything new anyways to the android experience, except heightened security around rooting. They tell you some of the new features with updates, but they also leave out a lot of information about stuff they are updating.