Galaxy S8 vs. iPhone 7 Camera Shootout: Samsung Has the Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark_340

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017
As someone who owns a s7, was this payed for by Samsung, because the iPhone photos looked better in nearly all of them.

Neutral President

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
One thing I noticed was how consistent the iPhone photographs were across all shooting situations.

With the Samsung, some shoots seemed overly warm, others had a slight blue-green cast. Looking at the outdoor shot with the grass, and the low-light outdoor shot, I had a hard time believing that Samsung hadn't applied some HDR processing. You normally don't see that much detail in the shadows AND the highlights without combining multiple exposures.

Overall, I'd say Samsung has done an admirable job, but they're not quite there. The inconsistency and "over-processed" feel to many of the photos is not what I look for in a camera. I prefer more even exposure, consistent colour, and neutral shading that I can tweak in post-processing myself.

Gureey

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
Are u high, no they didn't. iPhone has generaly superior cams but this round goes to Samsung; until ofcourse iPhone7s/8/X.

danieleran

Estimable
Jun 26, 2015
No mention of iOS having accurate color management and calibrated Wide Color P3, which Android lacks?
That explains in part why the "beauty mode" and random oversaturated nature of Samsung's pics are so inconsistent. Apple controls the hardware and the OS. Samsung doesn't.

perfections100

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
Its Galaxy S8 vs iPhone 7 Plus.....You keep mentioning iPhone 7 this is actually misleading as there is huge difference between iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus camera isnt it!

perterpanel

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017
I disagree - all pictures except the low light ones look better to me.

iPhone looks better !
With a less quality camera. Well done Apple.

I own a samsung S6 and i am fine with everything .

Status
Not open for further replies.