GameStop Taking Nexus 7 Tablet Pre-Orders, Trade-In Bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
I think I'm going to break down and order this today. For the price it's got some pretty impressive specs: IPS Screen, good hardware, free stuff, and a $25 Google Play credit.

superblahman123

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
That is such an insanely good move on Googles part. Think about it, they get their product out at a great level of affordability, get competitors out of the way, and they're bound to be keeping track of what people are trading in for it so they could flaunt it in their competitor's faces. I could guarantee that you'll see commercials about how many people traded in their Kindle for it (my gf is about to do that)

Hot damn, that's dastardly douchey, but a great marketing move.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I highly doubt they'll receive many newer iPads for trade, but some owners of iPad1 may trade. But in terms of performance and specs, the original iPad isn't that far off.

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
[citation][nom]hoofhearted[/nom]I already pre-orderd mine from google.com/play You are better off selling your used electronics on craigslist than letting gamestop rape you.[/citation]

Oh yeah - I'm not sure if Gamestop even gives you the play credit.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
^^ That is correct, the $25 credit for the Google Play store is only available with pre-orders made directly through the Google Play store.

This trade in offer is a complete joke! To summarize; they essentially give you half of what it costs brand new. If you are smart enough to visit this website you should be smart enough to know how to sell your old tablet on e-bay, craigslist, or wherever. Hell, I bet you could get more money selling it at a local swap meet!

Rawrduy

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
I think people are missing the point on the trade-in value. The current trade-in value for the ipod touch (8GB) is $108. Tacking on an additional 30% would equate to $140. You won't have to deal with customers and their satisfactions, and getting $140 for a device that usually sells for $120 used is a great deal. For those who "research" this stuff up needs to understand that Gamestop is not hell for trading in user merchandise. If you play your cards right, trade-ins could be very beneficial.

G

Just got a text from Gamestop, those who pre-order can pick one up today, July 13. Count me one of them but unfortunately traveling and won't be able to pick one up till Monday since the store credit and stock are base on where you made the pre-order. :( :(

chraq

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
wait i could have sworn it does not have hdmi :( unless they changed the specs since giving out the tablet at the google I/O

Status
Not open for further replies.