Gaming Laptop Advice

ScapeGoat1310

Estimable
Oct 22, 2014
Hey everyone, so here's the deal: i want to build a gaming laptop, price is of little concern (i know it'll be expensive)

What i know i want:

Display- 4K UHD (as well as 3D, any suggestions welcome)

CPU- Intel core i7 - 4980HQ

GPU- NVIDIA GTX 980M

RAM- 8+ GB

Hard Drive- Sandisk Extreme Pro SSD

Wireless Card- Intel AC7260

What i want to know:

What motherboard would best suit me for optimal gaming performance?

Also thinking about changing my router to the "Dual-band Wireless-AC1900 Gigabit Router"

Any advice on anything related would be greatly appreciated.

Ace251091

Estimable
May 12, 2014
Are you going to built it yourself or are you going to commission someone to do it for you? If that's the case then I believe each company offers a platform on which it builds upon, meaning that they basically give you a barebone pc and motherboard e.g the H97 chipset motherboard and then ask you to complete the build by choosing a CPU,RAM,GPU, screen size etc. In my humble opinion you DO NOT NEED a 4K UHD 3D screen on a gaming laptop. The purpose of a gaming laptop is to offer desktop class performance (or at least try to) while being able to deliver decent battery life and performance. What a 4K 3D screen will do to your budget is absolutely destroy it, your GPU won't be able to keep up at all if you plan to play your games on maximum performance. Avoid 3D screens they're useless for gamers unless of course you're so keen to play games in 3D which again, I believe is a waste of your money and time. So to conclude your hardware choices are excellent, however if you just go with a 2560x1440 resolution display or even a simple 1080P IPS panel you'll be more than happy.