Gaming laptop for college (under 1000$)

froberry

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
I want a laptop for university this fall, but I'm also a gamer and i'll be leaving my tower behind. (going in a residence. )

So anyways, my needs are simple. I play the blizzard games, civ 5 and the sims 3(Hopefully the 4th when it comes out). I want to be able to play those with minimal lag, obviously.

Weight, battery and size is not of matter, but if I could use my laptop for around 2 yrs without needing to buy a new one, i'd be quite pleased.

Ps: I live in canada!

Thanks you all!

froberry

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
To be honest, I have close to no knowledge of laptops. :I
Brand and stuff. I've heard bad reviews of Dells and Acers, saying they always end up breaking and my old cheap dell's mother board died twice.

CraftedElements

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014
I would recommend looking at one like this http://www.xoticpc.com/force-1757-24012-860m-msi-ge70-apachepro-barebones-p-7178.html
It's only 970$, it's at the top of your budget, but it has a 17.3" screen and a 860M. The 860 is a really good laptop GPU, and will easily run your games. The i7-4700MQ will be able to run all of your programs with ease, and on top of it all it weighs 6 pounds! All around it's a great system. If you want, look around Xotic's website, and if you find a laptop you like, copy and paste the model name into google and search for retailers in Canada to save shipping costs