gaming laptop for niece

Onion_Stub

Estimable
Apr 21, 2014
im looking for a gaming laptop for my niece with a budget of $300, 400$ if needed. the most intensive game would be minecraft and sims. medium graphics are fine, its her first pc so im not shooting for the stars yet, any help will be appreciated.

Solution
For about $400 you will get about a mid range laptop.

If you want it slightly more for casual gaming, go for a mobile Ati a 10 Cpu/Apu
It should play mine craft with decent frames per second.

Mine craft is more cpu based. but I was thinking in favor of games that need a bit of help from a half decent Cpu/ apu solution also.

Intel I3 to an I5 with about 4Gb of system memory minimum 8Gb would be better though.
And again should run Mine craft ok.

But a Ati Cpu/Apu will fair better with multiple games that require a bit of graphics horse power, as the Intel graphics solution on a I5 is weaker than any Ati based solution in my mind.

bliq

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
At $400, look for something with a Core i3 and hope for the best. It won't be a good gaming experience but it will work. A good question to ask yourself is why does it need to be a laptop? It sounds like your niece is young and maybe her gaming machine doesn't need to be portable. She might be better served by an inexpensive desktop with more capable graphics.

Shaun o

Distinguished
For about $400 you will get about a mid range laptop.

If you want it slightly more for casual gaming, go for a mobile Ati a 10 Cpu/Apu
It should play mine craft with decent frames per second.

Mine craft is more cpu based. but I was thinking in favor of games that need a bit of help from a half decent Cpu/ apu solution also.

Intel I3 to an I5 with about 4Gb of system memory minimum 8Gb would be better though.
And again should run Mine craft ok.

But a Ati Cpu/Apu will fair better with multiple games that require a bit of graphics horse power, as the Intel graphics solution on a I5 is weaker than any Ati based solution in my mind.

Solution