gaming laptop keyboard and durability ?

what do you use for gaming ?

• my laptop keyboard is great and I don`t sacrafice the distance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use an external keyboard with no issues and the distance is fine.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I use an external keyboard cuz I am worried that my laptop keyboard would wear off faster.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fastwing76

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
hey guys

I want to ask gaming laptop owners who game on their laptop keyboards how durable they are for gaming, I am currently using my y500 with a razer blackwidow tournemnent edition and CM SF-17 gaming laptop adjustable cooler.I really enjoy typing and gaming on the mechanical keyboard but the screen is a bit far a way for my liking, I don`t mind gaming on my y500 laptop but I am worried that the WASP keys would wear off faster or stop working all together.

so what do you guys think? for how long have you been using your laptop for gaming ? and if you use an external keyboard then how is it working for you ?

Felipe259

Estimable
Jul 17, 2014
I'm currently using an eternal keyboard but it's closest as it can be so I dont feel like the screen is too far.
Also I never had any issues with my laptop keyboard/keys.

fastwing76

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
Felipe I am doing the same thing as u are, I have removed the drawers from my table so I can get closer, I am now sitting at around 50cm from my laptop which is considered kinda ideal but I am real real close, another reason I prefer using an extrrnal keyboard cuz I am currently using my left hand for gaming so I programmed the p as w and the other keys to resemble wasp e r f etc, cuz of my wrest pain in my right hand,

fastwing76

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
I have found a solution for my problem, now I don`t have to sacrifice distance and the mechanical touch of my external keyboard. I will post pics later.

fastwing76

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
so I tried living without the mechanical keyboard but I simply couldn`t sacrifice the mechanical touch and at the same time the added distance when using an external keyboard is just not good for me so what I did? slapped the mechanical keyboard on top of the laptop keyboard and taped the thing so it won`t move by accident. the result is pretty amazing! I don`t think anyone had done this before buts it`s amazing and it kinda look cool
here are the pics!
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4-JExZNZ3GUeGYwNFZOWXJ4SDQ&usp=sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.