Gaming Laptop Shuts Off Randomly

Sep 30, 2018
I have a asus rog g751jy-vs71 gaming laptop that I received from a friend 7 months ago and only recently in the last month the laptop shuts off loading into games, middle of games, and sometimes while browsing the internet.

I have cleaned out almost all the dust out from inside the laptop and ran aida64 extreme to see if it is the temperature that is making the laptop crash and it reached 87C at the max but was sitting at 76C after 5 minutes of stress. I have been checking the event viewer to see what is causing the crashes but there is nothing that can give me information on the crash.

So far I can replicate the crash by loading into or even just being in Rainbow six siege. Most of the time the issue shows up when I fully load into the game and a few seconds later the laptop shuts off.

This issue also persists in League of Legends when I load into the game. I get lucky most of the time and play just fine but recently it is happening almost every game I load into and now it is happening in the middle of playing which it has not happened before.

I will be checking this post frequently and try my best to give any information.

Sep 30, 2018

It seems to working fine. I even inspected it when I was getting all the dust out not too long ago. It just doesnt want to go on full blast. I want it on full blast all the time. I dont mind the sound because I have headphones on all the time and listening to music.